TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE NEEDED WITH 1951 TRUCK TAILLIGHTS

jcnida52
Go to solution Solved by wallytoo,

Hi, Guys:

I'm trying to purchase the correct tail light assembly for my 1951 B3C.  The bucket that came with the truck when I purchased it looks correct, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. 

The diameter on my plastic lens is 3-7/8".  I know it's supposed to be glass, but I think it's supposed to be more like a 2-5/8" diameter?  If that's the case then my bucket is also not the original factory installed piece.

Also, is the lens round, or is it more like an hour glass shape?

jc at Pilothouse Interiors

Edited by jcnida52

A couple of guys have recommended Roberts for the glass lenses. I've looked at those before, but I don't think the originals had the "Dodge" lettering in them. I don't know for sure if my assumption re: the lettering is correct Can anyone advise on that?

Oldbuck_Oldtruck

Testoration:

1. A restoration that requires large amounts of testosterone.

2. A restoration that tests your patients many times over.

or spell autocorrect while at the bar.....  :P

To: ggdad 1951 Thank you for taking the time to post the picture. It'll make things easier now that I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Re: the reference to the lens having a "beehive" on the bottom half ( as mentioned in the post previous your posting with the picture, it supposedly is the bulb protrusion-- at least, so I've been told...

TERMINOLOGY CORRECTION: The elderly gentleman who told me the bulb below the DODGE lettering on the original lenses was called a "beehive" is now saying he "... misspoke." He said they were called FISHEYES.

He's a neat old guy and hopes everyone understands the memory lapse... He and I are both hoping it didn't cause too much confusion.

Oldbuck_oldtruck