A fascination with funerary vehicles

Mark D

• 2 weeks later...

at one time I was "the inspector" and I did fail these pipes left and right...I also knew that the ones that corrected the pipes was going right back to the scavangers after they got the sticker..but there is little I can do about that...my signature said that at the time and place of inpection the vehicle met the minimum safety standards..flash forward...many years later...there is still no excuse for such a poor exhaust setup as scavengers, though times change..my opinion has not, it is about as senseless as fixing a gas tank with mounting a fuel cell in the trunk.....you can get by...but why not fix it right in the first palce..lol

And now back to your previously scheduled broadcast…

How about this flatbed Plymouth? Must've been a lot of flowers at those funerals in this 50s.

post-3941-0-85790800-1426374742_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Another snagged off facebook.

Any indication on Facebook as to where that hearse truck is from Mark as it appears to be right hand drive? (I don't do Facebook). Certainly a very unique vehicle!

Edit:  sorry, I answered my own question with a little research - truck is from Ireland. More info here... http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306767 .

Edited by Desotodav
  • Like 1

good answer....wrong application...lol   the curved pieces of chrome left and right of the grille opening are called hockey sticks...I could use a nice set for a 54 model Morris..not sure if you know the location of the car...if so reply in PM ..thanks...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Knew what you meant :D  

If my memory serves,  approx. 44.004945 N,  76.000625 W (google earth)

With the door open, and no top, may be very little inside. May be no floor :eek: , but being second level off the ground maybe there is.

Edit:  44.013744, -76.001748 (google maps) Will put you a the wrong driveway. Need to go up the road about 1750 feet, then about 1192 feet up the road from the mailbox, near where the 3rd power pole from the mailbox is located, where the lines cross the road, almost directly across from the entrance to the transfer station, then turn right and follow the direction of the tree line to about 977 feet from the road intersecting a line about 1477 feet from the driveway (mailbox) diagonally.

Edited by shel_ny

• 2 weeks later...