vintage Dodge truck brake video

ruff1148kr

Excellent!

Not sure I can endorse that method of applying the brakes though...LOL.

And I think I would have found a road with less traffic and less trees......but he probably had done some trial runs (I hope).....

Brakes seem to be a perenial problem....didn't Chrysler/Dodge etc ever do anything sftermarket to address the inability to stop....or perhaps it just wasn't that important 50 years ago when there was less traffic, particularly in the rural areas where pick ups (we call them utes down under) were/are popular.

there was never any real problem 50 years ago as there are really no real problems today if the owner/shop know what they are doing and perform brake repairs accordingly..personally I think two fingers may be a little too sensitive ...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 3

I have fun driving a 69 Dodge with drum brakes I do well with it, but you sure need to plan a little more ahead and be hyper sensitive to the nuts around you who have now regard for others. Some day I would like to upgrade the brakes on it a little, so my girl will drive it more