Fun with NOS Parts

How bout "Fun with "OOS Parts"

King_Pin_Box-01_zpsl0i5t1at.png

Part of the "booty" of the "All Mopar Swapmeet"  at the  Rosebowl 1980 with my friend Slick (the guy that got me into this mess) the shackles were $1.50....those were the days of Junkyards and no eBay.

Hank   :)

King_Pin_Box-02_zpstvlbrfvj.png

I think these were $0.50...

Edited by HanksB3B

• 7 months later...

After a stressful year, we have come out the other side of the tunnel and are doing great.  On top of that, the truck is still parked here, and I am planning a full restoration!  I am so darn happy about this that I can hardly sit still!  On rare occasions over the past year I was able to continue finding a few parts for the restoration, and I also started a small website where I can upload lots of my story and zillions of photos.  

So, message for today- I am back and hope to be posting more again.  

The website I am making for my truck is now below my name in my signature.  Not much there right now, but there are some decent photos of the parts I have collected.

-Paul

Edited by Paul Hatfield
  • Like 3

Welcome back Paul! Glad things are looking up, I look forward to the progress on "Mickey" :D

• 1 month later...

Looks NOS un-installed to me!

• Like 1

These boxes surprise me that they have lasted all the decades since being produced.  Box is still fairly intact.  The VR certainly was in the box, and somehow well protected well enough.  If I even very gently touch that part number decal, it flakes a chunk off.  The decal is bound to fall off during installation on the truck.  

I did notice one interesting thing while trying to find this regulator.  That is the mark on the VR that you see circled in the photo below.  Not sure what it means, but that exact same mark was on many of the NOS regulators I looked at.  I'm thinking it relates to some kind of quality control mark.  Just my guess.

Anyway, I like the part.

Paul

post-7134-0-03344700-1470775104_thumb.jpg

I have bough several NOS MoPar VR's that look just like that.

Look at the screws and brass ferules's for installation marks to make sure it's never been installed.

An original NOS MoPar/Autolite VR is 100 times better that any replacement.... if it's good!

They seldom fail if never messed with or damaged by 12V or the BAT cables switched.

• Like 1

quality control/inspector or test pass mark...don't leave factory without it...lets hope it is not repackaged with B for bad...

no, I it is B for Brent.... i'll be up in your area next weekend Paul to pick it up :D

I would love to find one of those for sale at a Reasonable price!  :wub:

Nice NOS part.

DJ

Here are a few NOS and a couple of used parts I have gathered over the years.  Now that I am culling out my spare parts bin, I wonder how best to determine their value in today's market.  Any Ideas?

Original Equipment Dodge 48-53 Truck Parts

Parking light lens – NOS (2)

Fog light brackets – NOS (1 pair)

Under Hood Light – NOS (1)

Cigarette Lighter – NOS (2)

Heater Water Valve (mounts on top of cylinder head) – NOS (1)

Engine Compartment Light – NOS (1)

Glove Box Light – NOS (1)

Spotlight Bracket Kit – NOS (1)

Radio Antenna – Original used (1)

Radio Antenna Mounting Kit – NOS (1)

Ash Tray – NOS (1), Painted (like new) (2)

Taillight Lens with DODGE – NOS (1)

Glove Box Liner – New aftermarket (2)

Amp Gauge – NOS (1)

Misc. Dash Knobs – used

Passenger Side Mirror Bracket (small) – Used (1) – extremely rare

Quite the for sale ad!!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A NOS US quarter in a Mopar box?  :rolleyes:

DJ

• Haha 1