Fun with NOS Parts

Imagine those parts are harder to find than a NOS quarter!  :huh::D

DJ

lol......Nice....that's a Nos sticker there Mark!

Glad I could give you guys neutral ground at the BBQ to make the exchange. :lol:

Just gotta get Brendt to find the other one and do it again in 2017!

48Dodger aka Estrada MotorSports  

Edited by 48dodger

NOSpart:

Oil Filler Caps

several other eBay finds...the original quality varied:  one fill cap had pristine paint but the decal was way crooked; one fill cap had no paint on the bottom but the decal is applied so-so...the NORS cap ain't too shabby :cool:

large.smIMG_20161018_2143374.jpg.8940f407817da56c558bcf9744f8e9a3.jpg

large.smIMG_20161018_2140578.jpg.67e1dc7c76fde33f72e7f9c5918a0f9f.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised pictures

• 3 weeks later...

I have been looking for an original water valve for close to two years.  Finally found and bought this one, which is NOS as far as I can tell.  I probably should have taken a photo before I cleaned the body, but I was just to excited to see how it would look.  As you can tell in the photo, I did not clean the linkage portion- yet.  

water valve 1 (Large).JPG

Water valve 2 (Large).JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Paul Hatfield said:

I have been looking for an original water valve for close to two years.  Finally found and bought this one, which is NOS as far as I can tell.  I probably should have taken a photo before I cleaned the body, but I was just to excited to see how it would look.  As you can tell in the photo, I did not clean the linkage portion- yet.  

Nice score! I had that saved in my ebay wish list but had to wait till payday..

21 hours ago, Paul Hatfield said:

I don't think that's the original stock one. More likely a vintage aftermarket part.  The ones in all the pictures are Y shaped.

2011-11-04124403.JPG

Mark-

I'd never want to disagree with you on this, as you have way more experience than me. In my parts book, page 1-7, it clearly shows a photo of the water valve you posted about. It's 1-48-854 in the drawing.

However, looking up 1-48-854 on Page 1-17,  there are TWO different valves with TWO different part numbers.  135788 & 670647.  I swear at one point in my search I saw the style I purchased for sale with it's original Mopar packaging.  Anyway, not sure which part # is the Y shaped one you depict, and what the other one looks like, but I do believe at sometime during the production years of our trucks that the valve I purchased may have been used.

Thoughts?

Ps-  still working on the steering wheel from you.  I think it will turn out very nice.

Paul

• Like 4

1345788 is the common brass 1949-52 Plymouth, Dodge/Chrysler and DeSoto  car heater control valve as Paul has shown above that he purchased NOS.

It is used on Dodge trucks too.

The very hard to find one is the "Y" type found on dodge trucks with usually the factory fresh air package.

That very rare and costly "Y" valve is really used with the 1941-48 MoPar cars with the dual heater and or floor heater installations part # 670647.

I to this day don't know why it's used on dodge trucks as they only use one side of the "Y" and plug the other outlet.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 1:37 PM, Paul Hatfield said:

Mark-

I'd never want to disagree with you on this, as you have way more experience than me. In my parts book, page 1-7, it clearly shows a photo of the water valve you posted about. It's 1-48-854 in the drawing.

However, looking up 1-48-854 on Page 1-17,  there are TWO different valves with TWO different part numbers.  135788 & 670647.  I swear at one point in my search I saw the style I purchased for sale with it's original Mopar packaging.  Anyway, not sure which part # is the Y shaped one you depict, and what the other one looks like, but I do believe at sometime during the production years of our trucks that the valve I purchased may have been used.

Thoughts?

Ps-  still working on the steering wheel from you.  I think it will turn out very nice.

Paul

All I've ever gone off of is the fresh air assembly pic....looks like from other comments you are golden!  Learn more every day!

• Like 1

On 11/21/2016 at 9:21 AM, Paul Hatfield said:

You can get the rubber parts to rebuild it for about $50. Sadly they are expensive because the only place I've found to get them is from a 50s corvette place. 

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/28/2015 at 1:21 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

Paul..to me..that is the most enjoyable part of any build..the seeking out of parts..and even more so if seeking out he parts involves a few decades into the future and retrofitting to some of my older cars.  More than one way to enjoy the hobby...there is no written rule that a date of completion has to be set...let alone met..enjoy the ride even if it is still on blocks in the garage

Paul,Plymouthy Adams,I couldn't agree more.

I would also add all the GREAT people you get to meet who are happy to share their knowledge,both on places like this board,and in "flesh life",too. This ain't just about cars,it's about people,memories,and  history.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2014 at 12:46 PM, Young Ed said:

I couldn't find a picture of it but I had a 1941 plymouth pickup NOS hood ornament. I've got many other things floating around. NOS special deluxe badges, 4 bumper guards, and both door handles for my 48. A rear view mirror for the 46 pickup too.

I know this post was from over 6 years back, but I was wondering if you could confirm that the picture here is a 41 Ply PU hood ornament.

(I am not in need of one myself - my cousin.)

41 Plymouth PU hood ornament.JPG

• Like 1