Fun with NOS Parts

NOSpart:

628949 tail lamp shell

1195677 tail lamp lens

found these on eBay several years ago...the bezels had tags that disintegrated, but the NORS box is pristine :cool:

post-2888-0-00544600-1427046080_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-26754600-1427046049_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
updated info

A good heat riser works in hot weather too.

It's a good thing to have it beacause it deflects hot exhaust gases from getting up into the hot spot chamber on a fully warmed up engine..... especially in hot weather.

NOSpart:

1193288 Dome Light Lens + Bezel 

found this dome light lens years ago on eBay...I put it on the waist-high shelf in the garage, and a few days later, I find the dog in the front yard chewing on what was a mint condition NOS box :rolleyes:

post-2888-0-25944000-1427336621_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
updated info
  • Like 2

Found these two truck items. .a NOS a 1951-3 NOS steering wheeel and a rear fender accessory step plate.... don't remember where.

post-302-0-37343600-1427341242_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

NOSpart:

Autolite Speedometer Needle

found this on eBay years ago...I recall this same seller had auctions for other brands of needles, speedo gears, and odometers, with applications for each, having cleaned out an old store that still had the books on the counter :cool:

post-2888-0-44385400-1427542627_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
updated info

found this on eBay years ago...I recall this same seller had auctions for other brands of needles, speedo gears, and odometers, with applications for each, having cleaned out an old store that still had the books on the counter :cool:

attachicon.gifsmSPEEDOptr.jpg

I have an NOS 46-48 plymouth speedometer needle too. Might have been the same guy

Are both of these considered low mileage :cool:

• Like 1

NOSpart:

1260727 Headlight Switch

here's some more eBay NOS finds from over the years...that headlight switch from the 50s that ain't too pristine has very crisp action, so who knows what happened to it while in storage :cool:

post-2888-0-21270700-1428056888_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-26765500-1428056889_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-18051600-1428056890_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
updated info

NOSpart:

1139156 Speedometer Drive Pinion Sleeve + Seal 1134949

I found this on eBay awhile back, thinking it would solve the 48's leaky speedo cable problem at the transmission...unfortunately, the seal was as hard as a rock, so I'll have to find an alternative someday :cool:

update:  alternative located

post-2888-0-05171400-1428247971_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-09490200-1428247970_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
updated info

I found this on eBay awhile back, thinking it would solve the 48's leaky speedo cable problem at the transmission...unfortunately, the seal was as hard as a rock, so I'll have to find an alternative someday :cool:

attachicon.gifsmADAPTparts.jpgattachicon.gifsmADAPTbox.jpg

I am thinking you have an entire dodge parts store of NOS parts.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifsmADAPTparts.jpgattachicon.gifsmADAPTbox.jpg

You sure have come across some nice NOS parts Brian.

I found a match for those new small rubber speedo gear drive seals here in Oz (listed as 'oil seal 21-85-56' in the manual). PM Hank if you need one as I just sent a few more over to him.

• 2 weeks later...

one of these days I'll figger out whereabouts that small rectangular gasket goes...

attachicon.gifsmGSKTStran.jpg

I don't think it will fit your 3 speed.

• 6 months later...

NOSpart:

1450124 Piston Ring Set

Chrome Master Ring Set purchased on eBay back in '03 for about 20 bucks...they were in pristine condition, so I put them in the '49 1-ton when I rebuilt that 230 :cool:

post-2888-0-01555100-1445998373_thumb.jpg

post-2888-0-88821500-1445998400_thumb.jpg

post-2888-0-10328900-1445998418_thumb.jpg

post-2888-0-96555900-1445998434_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
updated info

I went to the AACA Fall meet in Hershey back in the early week of October.  While walking around I found KIWI John. He hasnot been at Hershey for along time.  While looking throught his items I saw in a plastic bag that he had a packet of papers about three inches thick and it was marked as 1938/39 Desoto.  WHen looking at the information it was original factory Accessory sheets for my car and alsohad the prices sheets. Also contained in the packet were the factory service bulletins.  It also had service bullitens for the same year Plymouth and also for the 37 Desoto and also 40 Desoto. Of great surprise it also containe the factory color chips for my 1939 Desoto. 

I bought this with out any thought.  I have now had the opportunity to scan all the sheets and have created the information and it now resides on CD to save the paper.  The originals sheets are now also inserted into individual plastic sheet protectors.  The odd part is that none of the sheets were in any bad condition considering that they are 76 years old.  The paper was nt fragile and all sheets were intact.

If you are interested in the information please feel free to contact me.  Great reading material and this is the stuff that you do not see all the time.

Also got an old original Desoto Employees Metal Badge. another great find.

While walking around with a friend that owns several 29 Desoto's we found several speedometers, gas gauges, a headlight bar with headlights, radiator cover and radiator, and a complete trans.  So the parts are still coming out but you know what they look like.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

• Like 1

You guys continue to impress me with your NOS finds!  I will soon throw in the towel and sell my project, but one of the things I enjoyed was starting to line up original parts.  The parts listed in this string of posts is just plain fun!

Congratulations!

Paul

Paul....You barely just got started on your truck project and now giving up? Well it's good you were not rodding it or it might have ended up in china..

Paul..to me..that is the most enjoyable part of any build..the seeking out of parts..and even more so if seeking out he parts involves a few decades into the future and retrofitting to some of my older cars.  More than one way to enjoy the hobby...there is no written rule that a date of completion has to be set...let alone met..enjoy the ride even if it is still on blocks in the garage

• Like 2

Gentlemen-

I really had my heart set on restoring the truck, as my first vehicle ever was a 51 Dodge B1B.  But, life had other plans for me.  The truck just can't stay, and reasons are personal.  I really did enjoy finding the cool parts that I did locate, and honestly, the warm welcome here was also great.

Perhaps the opportunity will come around again.

Best to all of you.  I will always highly recommend this forum.

Paul

You sure have come across some nice NOS parts Brian.

I found a match for those new small rubber speedo gear drive seals here in Oz (listed as 'oil seal 21-85-56' in the manual). PM Hank if you need one as I just sent a few more over to him.

Edited by HanksB3B

Gentlemen-

I really had my heart set on restoring the truck, as my first vehicle ever was a 51 Dodge B1B.  But, life had other plans for me.  The truck just can't stay, and reasons are personal.  I really did enjoy finding the cool parts that I did locate, and honestly, the warm welcome here was also great.

Perhaps the opportunity will come around again.

Best to all of you.  I will always highly recommend this forum.

Paul

Paul,

Maybe let Keven take it off your hands (he's a wonderful guy and he lives up your way)  that is if his wife doesn't say "One more project Keven and I'm leaving." (Actually I wouldn't wish that on anyone I was once heartbroken and I called an older wiser friend told him my marriage fell apart and he said "You Lucky Guy" at the time I thought it was completely inappropriate....after a while I came to realize it was not.

Too bad but I hope it make your other dreams come true,

Hank :(  

Edited by HanksB3B