Open House at Frank pollack resortation Shop Pottstown PA

desoto1939

Today the Frank Pollack restoration Shop located in Pottstown held their annual open house.

The event ran from 10-3 today 11/23/14.  They had some of their workers there to answer questions about what they were working on. I had the opportunity to talk with their Upholstery guy that is 70+ years old about some new material for my 39 Desoto.

The weather was a perfect day to drive the old 39 Desoto to the event.

I have attached several pictures. They had a 38 Dodge Coupe in the shop that will be getting some work done.

Unique car was a limo 29 Ford Model A. Do not know if this was a factory cr but someone did a nice job to make it a limo.

If you live in the are plan on attending this event it is a free event and go to the Pollack website to get on their invitee listing.

This shop has been in existence since the 1950's and was know for doing work on Bugatti and high end cars.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

post-1292-0-99705000-1416777476_thumb.jpg

post-1292-0-48649800-1416777508_thumb.jpg

post-1292-0-76617200-1416777591_thumb.jpg

post-1292-0-83615900-1416777683_thumb.jpg

post-1292-0-41803300-1416777819_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Speaking of restoration, does anyone know of a good reupholsterer in the Philadelphia area? My dad has a 57 Tbird (sorry, not a mopar), that needs the seat redone.

Thanks

• Like 2

Thanks for the pics and story Rich.   I think there are many places like this around the country, but we don't always

know about them.  We have a place in the next town.....I think their work turns out OK, but it takes quite a while. 

The fellow I hire to do occasional mechanic work is employed there.....he knows his stuff, and will make "house calls".

Bob:  Hope you have a great Xmas Holiday season.  It is noce to see some of these old restoration shops and how they go about doing ground up rebbuilds.  It is also great that you get to talk to the works on a dayoff situation when they have some free time to spend with the visitors instead of having to work on the cars.

I know they do not have cheap fees but when you want work done at their caliper then you pay the price.

Rich Hartung

I live in Pottstown and have been to Pollacks. There are 2 other museums close by, one in Boyertown that is open most all the time and a very private  one owned by Ross Meyers. It's call 3 dog garage and is only open to the public maybe 3-4 times a year. It is a working museum with very rare cars, lots of race cars like protoype Daytona and older Mustangs,Cougars, and lots of old school hot rods. There is also a Ridler winner that he had built by Troy Trapanier. When it is open usually on a Saturday, it is open from 9am-1pm. It is also in Boyertown. If you go to their website, you can email them for the next open house. I was told it will be after the first of the year .

I live in Pottstown and have been to Pollacks. There are 2 other museums close by, one in Boyertown that is open most all the time and a very private  one owned by Ross Meyers. It's call 3 dog garage and is only open to the public maybe 3-4 times a year. It is a working museum with very rare cars, lots of race cars like protoype Daytona and older Mustangs,Cougars, and lots of old school hot rods. There is also a Ridler winner that he had built by Troy Trapanier. When it is open usually on a Saturday, it is open from 9am-1pm. It is also in Boyertown. If you go to their website, you can email them for the next open house. I was told it will be after the first of the year .

chopt50wgn:

I wrote to the 3 dog gargae and then replied back that they do not have any current dates set for any open house date for 2015, but willget back to me when they have the dates set on their calendar.

I live near Audubon PA just off of the Oaks exit of 422 and Pa route 363 near Egypt road.

Keep in contact with me since we are soo close to each other.

Rich HArtung

Desoto1939@aol.com

most of there cars were on  display  at the  aaca  in hershey just  before there musuem was  built,,,at that time they said  it was not  open to the public,,i remember some sort of  car tour,,maybe street roddder came  thru and  they had a stop there,so  it must  open if your special,,,but they had  great  cars B IG BUCKS,,,

Every year for the past several years Pollacks has the open house around Thanksgiving weekend.  It provides him with the opportunity to get more business and also  showcase his shop.

If there is any interest next year i could lead a group out to his open house.  As I get more information I can post it on the Forum for all of the local members if they want to meet at a specific location such as the King of Prussia Mall and then it is just about a 30 minute ride up 422 to Pottstown.

If there is any interest please let me know.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

fstfish66:

Never heard of posies but that would be another great trip for some of us local guys that live in the greater Philly area.  I will have to checkout their website if they have one. If you hear of anything let me know.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

fstfish66:

Never heard of posies but that would be another great trip for some of us local guys that live in the greater Philly area.  I will have to checkout their website if they have one. If you hear of anything let me know.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

rich, im sure they have a web site,,he  is up in hummelstown just off rt 39  curve  heading in to  hersey,,open  house  if  i remember correctly  is in janurary,,if it  usually  my weekend to work,,,so  i havent  looke in to it for a while now,,,its the  same  day as  the m.a.s.d.r.a??  Meeting at the  fire house  if they  still have that,,thats a meeting discussing  the  car laws   the  state of PA  is  addressing,,,most to  wreck  our  hobby,,,but most are never put thru  due to  the people  keeping an  eye on it for us,,,,same day  around the corner from  posies  is another shop,,custom  shop,,think the guys name  is terry,,he use to work at posies  i  believe,,does  customs,,,had a ton of  mopar  finned  quarter panels stored away  for  projects,,,

Is this the place?

http://www.posiesrodsandcustoms.com/events/

Jan. 10th. 2015?

DJ