Visit from a forum member

Jim Yergin

Yesterday, Joe Flanagan drove out from Alexandria, Virginia to my home in Warrenton, Virginia in his 1949 Plymouth. It was a real treat to see Joe's car back on the road after all these years and to get a chance to ride in it. Joe has done a great job on restoring what was a real wreck. I have a personal interest in it too since I donated the block Joe used to rebuild the engine. It was a fun morning riding in each other's cars and spending time with a really nice guy. Joe, thanks for coming out my way.

Jim Yergin

post-38-0-42374900-1416765277_thumb.png

• Like 9

It was a great ride down I-66 early in the morning. The Plymouth rode smoothly and the insulation I put on the floor last weekend really makes a difference. We rode around in Jim's 41Woody Special Deluxe, too, reminiscing about the time one of its pistons exploded. That is a really cool car. 

Anyway, it was a good workout for my 49. It seems to get better and better the more I drive it. 

Edited by Joe Flanagan
  • Like 3

Just Joe wishing about having a 49 woody as his new project!   :huh:      It was on the top of his mind.?

Joe, if you ever see a blue '46 business coupe driving around Old Town, go ahead and give me a wave!

I drive around out there not infrequently while visiting my parents, although will probably be hitting the road less frequently now that there will be salt in abundance.

Jim, the old girl starts up with the first push of the button almost every time nowadays. Only problem I had was late on Thanksgiving when it was in the lower-mid 30s. But I was still able to get it going after about 30 minutes!

post-7278-0-24820900-1411387604_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

Just peeked in and had to add my 2 cents. 

Joe, congratulations on getting the car out and about.  My brother & sister-in-law came down for Thanksgiving and I was able to take them out for a drive on the Friday after.  This was the first time I actually needed to use the heater and it really did the trick and then some. 

Hi Jason, Glad to hear that you are still having fun with the business coupe.

Cheers,  Chet...

Thank you, Chet. I would really enjoy all of us getting together. Glad to hear you got your car out and that the heater works. Mine also works surprisingly well considering that it was crushed and I was never really able to bring it back to it's original dimensions. In spite of that though, it still delivers enough warm air to keep the interior comfortable.

Jason, I live very close to Old Town near the Braddock Rd. station. I'd love to see your car so any time you want to visit just drop me a line. If you need to do any tinkering or whatever we can do it at my place.