1956 Dodge P/U To Trade

mattimuss

Hello All,

I got this from a friend.

I DO NOT know anything about this truck OR it's owner!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Need a 4 passenger freeway friendly Rod or modern car.  Have this to swap.

Frame off, new rebuilt 318 poly Push button automatic.  Vintage ac, power

steering all professionally installed.  Leaf springs front, stock steering wheel. Etc

Contact. do3.8523439@gmail.com

Palm Springs, CA area

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good luck!

v/r,

Matt

post-7025-0-50815100-1416190891_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I once had a Dodge PU of the same design. Going across severe bumps such as railroad tracks at speed would cause the front end to oscillate wildly. I replaced the king pins and fixed that problem. After the repair the truck was very drivable at all speeds. Wish I still had it.

• Like 1

My daily driver is a 97 F-150 three door extended cab pick up. Last week My wife and I went to watch our 15 year old granddaughter in a school play. We had to stick around after the play to take the granddaughter home. Much to our surprise the granddaughter emerged from the auditorium with 4 of her 15 year old girlfriends in tow. So these 5 girls all piled into the narrow skinny half sized back seat of my truck and my wife was in the front passenger seat. It was a true estrogen convention in my truck on the way home. :D

PP...the small details and points of accuracy you see of thing as you maneuver through life are the very 'spices' that make it not only interesting but memorable...of course if you content with with a plain brown wrapper...then that is ok I reckon..boring as all get out, but okay...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

PP...the small details and points of accuracy you see of thing as you maneuver through life are the very 'spices' that make it not only interesting but memorable...of course if you contend with with a plain brown wrapper...then that is ok I reckon..boring as all get out, but okay...

Sometimes I think there's a bottle inside PPs plain brown wrapper....

• Like 2

I wonder why this truck is not freeway friendly with all the work the seller claims has been completed????

If this '56 has the stock differential, then it has 4.10 gears or the optional 4.86 ratio.  My truck with 4.10's is turning 2,850 at 60 mph and I would not feel comfortable driving this on a freeway every day.  

If this '56 has the stock differential, then it has 4.10 gears or the optional 4.86 ratio.  My truck with 4.10's is turning 2,850 at 60 mph and I would not feel comfortable driving this on a freeway every day.  

A Mopar L-6 engine should be able to run at 2850 RPM all day, everyday. You just aren't used to the sound and feel of that in this post 1973 gas crisis age of lower engine RPMs.

For me the various sounds and feels of the car running along with the engine near 3000 RPM bring back childhood memories of family road trips.

• Like 1

Todd,

I agree that older engines turn a lot faster than we're used to now days.  My point was that if I had to drive my truck and listen to the howl of the engine every day on the freeway, I don't think it would be pleasurable for very long.  BTW,  my truck has the 259 V-8 with horsepower and torque rated at 4,400 rpm but I still don't like going much past 3,000 with it.  As also mentioned, the beam front axle can also make for an interesting ride when bumps/railroad tracks are encountered at any speed.

My first new car was a '70 Duster 340 that sounded just beautiful at 70 mph and 3,250 rpm.  Wish I still had it. 

Todd,

I agree that older engines turn a lot faster than we're used to now days.  My point was that if I had to drive my truck and listen to the howl of the engine every day on the freeway, I don't think it would be pleasurable for very long.  BTW,  my truck has the 259 V-8 with horsepower and torque rated at 4,400 rpm but I still don't like going much past 3,000 with it.  As also mentioned, the beam front axle can also make for an interesting ride when bumps/railroad tracks are encountered at any speed.

My first new car was a '70 Duster 340 that sounded just beautiful at 70 mph and 3,250 rpm.  Wish I still had it. 

I recently had to start driving my truck 70 miles a day for work. At 65 mph, the motor is doing about 2200 rpm, however the transmission, tires, and air noise are all louder at that speed. I'm sportin' ear plugs.

Sometimes I think there's a bottle inside PPs plain brown wrapper....

Ed........and that bottle is probably Poitin (Irish moonshine....pronounced  Pocheen) Makes the our hillbilly brew seem like Koolaid.

Now that we finally have confirmation that "PP" actually stands for Poitin Paul it sure explains a lot. I wonder if the Fire Dept found his still? :D

Or Pulque Paul.......shine fermented from the agave plant....makes tequila taste like aquafina.

Possibly? ;) Sometimes it is sort of hard to tell?

Frank;

Many years ago I worked with a bunch of fellows from the jungles of Guatemala and El Salvador. They were hard workers but a few beers was enough to get them pretty smashed. One weekend they were having a special party / celebration and had invited (insisted) I attend. They had made their local brew which I believe they called pulque. It wasn't anything like the Mexican variety. It was made by filling a goats stomach with fruit and burying it for some specific amount of time. I will tell you what.....it was nasty wicked stuff. I don't remember too much of that evening but I can still picture a whole group of them streaking several blocks on Wilshire Blvd that Saturday night.

El Norte Jeff

• Like 1