model 65 heater truck master.

3dodgedoobie

ok I lucked up and bought this great shape model 65 heater. core has no leaks. case is a green color with stainless trim around middle. has 3 openings. 2 of which is screened covered from inside. if you have the mopar model 65 logo where you can read it without standing on your head on bottom there is a door that opens.  then on left side the whole side of case is open with screen. on the right side you have 1 open with screen about half of side. then below that looks like the defrost square hole. 

now I have some questions.

1 question?  for the defrost vents to hook up I know you have to go from 2 round ?inch pipes to 1 square. probably even had a cable controlled flap on inside. I need one of these so where can I find one?

2 question? I read on the forums after doing some searching that someone used a ford pinto motor to convert 12v. had to drill out the fan center I think. anyone have year of said pinto (or other donor car) or a part number? I need it to be 12volt.

3 question? the core is open to firewall side im assuming for the rare fresh air function. which I would like to add in the future.  

4 question? the opened vents with screens what are those for?

5 question? the doored vent on bottom whats the purpose?

thanks for everyones answers/advice. as im trying to keep the vintage mopars alive in this ford and chevy country.

ok I lucked up and bought this great shape model 65 heater. core has no leaks. case is a green color with stainless trim around middle. has 3 openings. 2 of which is screened covered from inside. if you have the mopar model 65 logo where you can read it without standing on your head on bottom there is a door that opens.  then on left side the whole side of case is open with screen. on the right side you have 1 open with screen about half of side. then below that looks like the defrost square hole. 

now I have some questions.

1 question?  for the defrost vents to hook up I know you have to go from 2 round ?inch pipes to 1 square. probably even had a cable controlled flap on inside. I need one of these so where can I find one?

2 question? I read on the forums after doing some searching that someone used a ford pinto motor to convert 12v. had to drill out the fan center I think. anyone have year of said pinto (or other donor car) or a part number? I need it to be 12volt.

3 question? the core is open to firewall side im assuming for the rare fresh air function. which I would like to add in the future.  

4 question? the opened vents with screens what are those for?

5 question? the doored vent on bottom whats the purpose?

thanks for everyones answers/advice. as im trying to keep the vintage mopars alive in this ford and chevy country.

1.  you need a part that goes on the output that will split the air into the two hoses.  Normally has a little door on it you actuate with a cable for "DEFROST".

2.  answered above

3.  yes fresh air option, you'd need the cardboard "gasket" and the firewall valve as well as the grill intake vent.

4.  those vents are like the floor heat setting on a modern vehicle

5.  same as #4.

Ok. Don thanks for the quick reply. Ggdad thanks for the info. Know I just need to find all the parts. I did luck up and the motor is 12volt. Took it to work ran some numbers and found it was 12v. Also confirmed that the heater box has been updated.

Now to find the splitter for defrost. If nothing else I can maybe make it with some fabing.

also all that rare fresh air stuff which im in no hurry for but if cone across it be great too.

the vents I can understand the function.

Also the water splitter out in engine bay which I will probably need when I do find all the fresh air stuff. Does it just stop the flow or actually acts as a bypass?