8th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

Looks like its going to be a nice day Saturday! The rain will roll in Sunday afternoon maybe (60%).......so glad to not have the rain scares like years past. lol

48D

Have to give a shout out to Gary Martin....he brought his 1948 Panel truck early to the ranch so he could bring his RV on friday.

I've had a few days with his truck and needed to move it out of the shop to clean for the show. Gary's panel is very stock in nature, as opposed to the

V8 trucks I like to build. I asked my girlfriend, Stephanie, if she wanted to ride along as I moved it to the other side of my place. The look on her face while we drove

on my gravel road! loI, I said "This is what it was like back in the 40's around here.....no real pavement on the public roads til the late 60's." The smiles on our faces, the laughter

about the ride, the sound, the feel....it was a great prelude to the event just 2 days away! :lol:

48D

Spent the night in "Redding" California, just woke up and patted down by the Redding police department...... "Disturbance call from our room a month ago"? Hope things are different in Stockton..... Coming over sooner.... Hope that is ok.

Spent the night in "Redding" California, just woke up and patted down by the Redding police department...... "Disturbance call from our room a month ago"? Hope things are different in Stockton..... Coming over sooner.... Hope that is ok.

What did I tell you about getting too rowdy with your truck?!?!  :P

Edited by 52b3b Joe
  • Like 1

A month ago??? Redding??? Sorry dude, that was me....who would have guessed you'd have gotten the same room. lol 

48D

• Like 1

Ok...I'll be picking up Bryan's truck @9am and bringing it to the ranch.... 

........Then I'll be leaving @noon to pick up Mark (ggdad1951) at the airport @1pm in Sacramento

........I'll be back at thr ranch @ 2:30-3:00pm....

........I believe Paul's crew will be here @ 3-4pm

........John T will be my foreman for the day, he arrives @noon with his truck

........Gary will arrive with his RV sometime today

........Dave Sr will arrive sometime today with his big trailer

........Jim Shepard might stop by later in the day, but not confirmed 

........Brent is rolling down the road being carefully tracked by the local police, watching for suspicious activity...

So everyone be on your best behavior!!!!! Thanks Brent! lol

48D

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 1

Care to tell us about it? My wife always tells me her dad could start a riot in a phone booth when he was all by himself.

Oh nothing crazy....Just me, a monkey, a clown, a fish, and I think the janitor from across the street.....we needed to save the world from alien spiders, and apparently you do that from a motel room in Redding. You're welcome earth.... 

48D

Dug the truck (52/53 mutt) out of the garage and gonna toss it on the trailer today. Got another one for ID this year y'all....don't forget to leave me a spot for my pick up and trailer Tim.....should be there around 10-11 at latest....not 1:30 like last year!! Look forward to seein y'all again!

Dug the truck (52/53 mutt) out of the garage and gonna toss it on the trailer today. Got another one for ID this year y'all....don't forget to leave me a spot for my pick up and trailer Tim.....should be there around 10-11 at latest....not 1:30 like last year!! Look forward to seein y'all again!

Front of the house along the fence like last year my friend! Glad you're gonna make!

48D

• Like 1

Things do change: Was heading to the gas station and the truck went dead two blocks from my house.  Trampster is 2 hours away so I 'm meeting up with him in Selma, Ca and we will drive up together.  The BBQ is more important to me than the truck, besides the exterior has not changed much so the challenge was the fun of the drive which I can always do later.

A fire damaged vehicle has a LOT of hidden problems, I'm finding that out on a daily basis now that I'm driving it, so best to do a LOT of road testing CLOSE TO HOME.

See you at the Q

Got a call from Tim this morning (he's that kind of friend when you get to know him) and I had to say diparagingly that I wouldn't make it to the BBQ this year. My wife Blanca and I had such a great time (along with Davin) that it wouldn't be fair to jump into my car and Head for the Foothills! My wife got gypped this year and because of corporate you know what, lost her vacation well sort of at least for this first year with the new management company..but next year..I'm hoping NO EXCUSES and hopefully that means a 3.54 differential and a couple of people adventureous to caravan from the California Southland on up to Tim's magnificent Central California and on back. (a one week journey would be nice)

I hope everyone has as great a time as I had last year.

My best regards to all,

hank  ;)

Edited by HanksB3B
  • Like 1

Tim,

Unfortuneatly I will not be able to make it to the BBQ this year....So sorry.

I have a Family Easter commitment out of town that I have to travel to tomorrow, that I couldn't get out of (and I really tried).

Thanks again Tim for hosting this great event and all the hard work you put into it.

I hope everyone has a great time and I look forward to seeing the pictures next week.

Hope to see you next year.

Eric

Things do change: Was heading to the gas station and the truck went dead two blocks from my house.  Trampster is 2 hours away so I 'm meeting up with him in Selma, Ca and we will drive up together.  The BBQ is more important to me than the truck, besides the exterior has not changed much so the challenge was the fun of the drive which I can always do later.

A fire damaged vehicle has a LOT of hidden problems, I'm finding that out on a daily basis now that I'm driving it, so best to do a LOT of road testing CLOSE TO HOME.

See you at the Q

Surprized Ply"Mouthy" didn't chime in "Thank the Good Lord we don't have to look at it again" by now, but Hey Paul you can take a ribbin'an still keep truckin"...(Which is more than I can say for myself) Hope you enjoy the BBQ have one of Tim's Famous Pilothouse Grilled Dodge Burgers for me and chase it down with a cold one eh...Hats off the Trampsteer !

Woo Hoo ! 

Hank  :D

Edited by HanksB3B

Plymouthy don't have a dog in that fight...while I rib PP a lot on his truck about this and that..never have I wished him any ill will or harm to come to him or the truck as I really cannot see what the big deal of point a finger toward me..but hey if it makes you feel superior..go for it...maybe one day you will have a friend you can rib and still talk to almost daily on the phone and on chat and help with his ever changing project and know when the conversation is over the door is still open for further communication..

Hi All

Was going to arrive today but I got word that George from Oregon with the 37 Dodge yellow and black truck. He has to much brain damage and they are going to pull life support. George found our company through the internet to find parts for his truck. Over the 2 years time, we became very good friends. While he was building his truck and I saw what he was doing, I said you have to come to this BBQ. You will meet a lot of great people. As you well know, he had a time of life because of you people. We had a long conversation after the BBQ and he said Dave, That is the most enjoyable event that I have ever attended. He told me that he had hope to live 20 mores years so he could attend all 20. That is one heck of a remark for someone to say that has been in a lot of pain for the last couple of years. His sisters said that all he talked about on the way home last year BBQ. You all should be proud and enjoy life to its fullest. I will be pulling in tomorrow morning with the Red Cross truck. (NOT RUNNING) will need help to stage. 

post-5541-0-11329300-1428110814_thumb.jpg

post-5541-0-60164400-1428110834_thumb.jpg

post-5541-0-62832900-1428110874_thumb.jpg

post-5541-0-45541400-1428110899_thumb.jpg

post-5541-0-14725600-1428110930_thumb.jpg

,,,a couple of people adventurous to caravan from the California South-land on up to Tim's magnificent Central California and on back.

Paul and I planned for 6 months to caravan up this year. Just didn't know it would end up a lot more like a car pool with neither truck even in tow. I'm sure if we start planning a caravan earlier, we will be more successful. I'm in!

Paul and I planned for 6 months to caravan up this year. Just didn't know it would end up a lot more like a car pool with neither truck even in tow. I'm sure if we start planning a caravan earlier, we will be more successful. I'm in!

If you planned this failed one for 6months it sounds like you better start planning next years on Monday :D

• Like 1