8th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

Congratulations Joe!! It's an honor to have you join us on the list.

Maybe he'll keep the "new" tradition going, that Mark and Davin started last year. He'll show up anyway, even though he got the "Wish You Were Here" award. :D

Having met all on that list, some at the BBQ's, I must say they are all deserving. I hope y'all have fun at the BBQ this year. I'm still bummed I won't make it.

Merle

I have met several but not all on the list. But I have met Joe and his dad on a couple occasions.

MVC-006F.jpg

With the BBQ about two week away, I need to take care of a little business. When the current event is under way, a few forum names will come up....asking questions like "wonder what he's like?" "wonder if he'll come out next year?" or "wouldn't it be great if that guy was here, I'd like to talk with him".

It's what created the "Wish You Were Here Award". An award that reminds everyone on the forum, no matter where you're at, you're invited.

Past winners

2008 Don Coatney

2009 Merle Coggins

2010 Hank aka HanksB3B

2011 Ed aka Young ED

2012 Bud aka Budstruck

2013 Tim Adams aka Plymouthy Adams

2014  Mark aka ggdad1951 and  Davin aka Desotodav

This year goes to a guy whose worked hard on his truck and is near finished as far as I can tell...lol. He just recently got hitched but still find times to post on the forum!

Truly wish he could make it out to the BBQ this year, and look forward to the day he sez he's bought his ticket and is on his way!

•  2015  Joe Hanely aka 52b3b Joe  •

Congratulations Joe!!! Look for your trophy in the mail my friend. ^_^

48D

I feel honored!!!! One correction though...I'm soon to be hitched!!! I'm still a free man until September 5th....but in reality, you might as well consider me hitched lol! No backing out now, and I'd never dream of it! 

I can't wait to get the trophy! I'll have to make a nice shelf in my house for it! As far as my truck, its slowly getting there. I am planning on having the finished product roll out of the garage for my buddy's wedding in May if the body shop ever gets out of their uncontrollable bad rut. They are trying to work with me though. We will see. 

Most importantly though....YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! I WILL make it out there for a BBQ the first opportunity I get! 

Thanks Again!!

Joe

• Like 2

Lol...well let me know if you can. I really appreciate it.

How's your TIG Welding skills??? When we flush out a pair, we can cut them in half and you stitch weld'em back together. lol

48D

• Like 1

Great picture Don.

From right to left: Don C., Joe H.  

I apologize, I don't know the rest.

48D

Blue coat next to Joe is his dad. Next to his dad is forum member http://p15-d24.com/user/2989-barabbas/ and next to him is forum member http://p15-d24.com/user/4738-dcurrent/

• Like 1

Lol...well let me know if you can. I really appreciate it.

Mine on the truck are 5'6" so let's count on it happening. I can use it as an extra motivator to get up there ;)

• Like 1

How's your TIG Welding skills??? When we flush out a pair, we can cut them in half and you stitch weld'em back together. lol

48D

Non existant but never too late to start!

Mine on the truck are 5'6" so let's count on it happening. I can use it as an extra motivator to get up there ;)

Awesome!  Thanks Mike!!

This is a cool picture of Joe and Mary from his FB page.....so good it might be photoshopped....lol

48D

1939538_10152489687372196_87594424600604

• Like 3

This is a cool picture of Joe and Mary from his FB page.....so good it might be photoshopped....lol

48D

That was one of our engagement pictures taken by our photographers, so it was photoshopped. It was about as perfect of a day you could ask for when we did the pictures, and they came out pretty good. 

• Like 2

Hopefully, we will be bringing our 1934 Dodge 3/4 ton Humpback-Red Cross Truck just in case some becomes overwhelmed from the BBQ!!

NOTE!

How do you post the pictures to show larger?

post-5541-0-04563800-1427139362_thumb.jpg

post-5541-0-36749000-1427139394_thumb.jpg

post-5541-0-11598900-1427139411_thumb.jpg

post-5541-0-53539700-1427139553_thumb.jpg

Edited by countrytravler
  • Like 3

Hey Countrytraveler,I certainly hope we will not have need of that stretcher board. Darlene and the grandkids have conflicts so I'm going solo again. Current plans are to truck up Friday AM to Suttercreek and Jackson for a late lunch, 4hr drive from Reedley. Since its a vacation weekend should be people there who like old vehicles so should be fun to visit with them. Then back to Tim's just before dark or stay over in Suttercreek in a motel. Anyone interested let me know. Working out details, hope to be ready in an hour for a short shake down drive into the country.

To be continued

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

Hopefully will be bringing our 1934 Dodge 3/4 ton Humpback-Red Cross Truck just in case some becomes overwhelmed from the BBQ!!

I've been looking at tire prices. I'll need it.

That's an awesome looking humpback Dave!

I hope to see it at the BBQ...if not, I'll come up and see it 

48D                                            

Updated AAA to a 200 mile tow.

Playing hookey from work on Friday to work on the truck then and Saturday.

100mile shakedown run planned and routed out for Sunday.

That gives me a week to mend anything that comes up ...

- cross your fingers for me Tim

(you can't really kill a flathead can you?)

• Like 1

Tramp, ain't the flathead under the hood that is of concern, it's the one behind the wheel!! Lol. You going over on Friday afternoon? I started my shake down yesterday, but for the fumes all went well.

Tramp, ain't the flathead under the hood that is of concern, it's the one behind the wheel!! Lol. You going over on Friday afternoon? I started my shake down yesterday, but for the fumes all went well.

Yeah - I took the Friday off before in anticipation. I also have the entire week after to push it back home. ;)

• Like 2

................................ONE MORE WEEEK!!!!!!!ONE MORE WEEK!!!!!!

YARDWORK/CLEAN UP/TROPHIES/ETC!!!!!!TRAVELERS COMING!!!!!!!TRUCKS COMING!!!!!!!

WOHOOO!!!! SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

48D

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 2

travler: you camping Friday night, if so I will join you around the fire pit. :eek: Time for smore's, polish hot dogs, English Bitters, bottle rockets (grass is nice and green, so safe to do) !  ;) Got the brake lights working and now weather stripping the doors. :cool:

• Like 1

So my team mailed it in last night and are done...so the trip back east from out west will be more about friends and untasted barley pops....meanwhile you got that Vikings jersey ready my friend?

travler: you camping Friday night, if so I will join you around the fire pit. :eek: Time for smore's, polish hot dogs, English Bitters, bottle rockets (grass is nice and green, so safe to do) !  ;) Got the brake lights working and now weather stripping the doors. :cool:

I'll be camping out-as long somebody starts the fire!!