8th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

I had to quickly run out to the shop...grab the trophy, rather time consuming as I had to find the floor jack to jack the car up, was using this pistion/rod  assembly as a jackstand at the time, bring it inside,  pose it on my shelf in the game room...snap a picture...whew..I need another cup of coffee and a doughnut now...

Like your set up. Since I'm ex NAVY!! what is the story of the medals and plane if you wouldn't  mind sharing? Thanks. Dave

The shadow box reflects my  military service and includes the one single NAVY DoD civilian medal for service in area during Desert Storm which I requested to be included..  It reflects my Army and Air Force progression and awards.  The rest of the stuff are a collection of pins and coins presented during my enlistment.  The plane is a C-17, our operational bird at time of retirement.  Other stuff is the verification letters the flag was flown over the nations capital and over the state capital of SC.  Various coffee cups that are favored...there are other things on the what folks call the "I love me room" including but not shown is my 37 year civil service retirement and history.  Lots of memories represented there, well wishes from comrades..friendships that last forever.  The yellow thing on the oak display is a small wheel chock and the inscribed placard attached show my arrival date and my departure date...symbolizing the on station time of a plane as it is blocked and later blocked out..

I also have a few tokens from my 16 years DoD Navy present but a few of them are in yet another case in another section of the room.  On my departure I started a new trend that continues in the office to this day..I placed my  name tag on the wall as I walked out...the wall now holds a name tag for all who have come and gone..

Thanks for asking..many folk don't recognize some of the stuff pictured...the many things we hold close to ourselves.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 4

The shadow box reflects my  military service and includes the one single NAVY DoD civilian medal for service in area during Desert Storm which I requested to be included..  It reflects my Army and Air Force progression and awards.  The rest of the stuff are a collection of pins and coins presented during my enlistment.  The plane is a C-17, our operational bird at time of retirement.  Other stuff is the verification letters the flag was flown over the nations capital and over the state capital of SC.  Various coffee cups that are favored...there are other things on the what folks call the "I love me room" including but not shown is my 37 year civil service retirement and history.  Lots of memories represented there, well wishes from comrades..friendships that last forever.  The yellow thing on the oak display is a small wheel chock and the inscribed placard attached show my arrival date and my departure date...symbolizing the on station time of a plane as it is blocked and later blocked out..

I also have a few tokens from my 16 years DoD Navy present but a few of them are in yet another case in another section of the room.  On my departure I started a new trend that continues in the office to this day..I placed my  name tag on the wall as I walked out...the wall now holds a name tag for all who have come and gone..

Thanks for sharring. With me being a car hauler, I have hauled cars for WW11 and Korean veterans that had sharred their stories with me. Will share at another time. And thank you for your service. I was a boiler repair man in the NAVY from 1970 to 1973.

Thanks for asking..many folk don't recognize some of the stuff pictured...the many things we hold close to ourselves.

Thank you for sharring.

Edited by countrytravler
  • Like 1

What an honor guys to have trophies I made, trophies you earned, sitting on your shelves like that. Really a cool feeling.

Thank you.

The trophies for 2015 will be done this weekend.

48D

• Like 2

Anyone going from So Cal or coming down to So Cal from the BBQ thats willing and able to bring down some running boards for me?

Did you find some, or need some? PM me with your request and I'll see what we can do for you.

48D

Anyone going from So Cal or coming down to So Cal from the BBQ thats willing and able to bring down some running boards for me?

Did you find some, or need some? PM me with your request and I'll see what we can do for you.

48D

Someone did me a favor moving parts half-way across this state once. Forget who that was ...

I plan on going up (and back) from Costa Mesa. Don't know if I'll be in a dirty old truck or a bird-dropping-speckled Ford Focus yet. If it is something I can get in my car I can get you a parts ride. How long and wide are they?

Mike

• Like 1

What an honor guys to have trophies I made, trophies you earned, sitting on your shelves like that. Really a cool feeling.

Thank you.

The trophies for 2015 will be done this weekend.

48D

Was it in your back barn where I observed your racing days rod and piston collection? How about a picture?

they would not like me trying to claim those as my carry on!

• Like 1

48D

Message sent!  Thank you!

Someone did me a favor moving parts half-way across this state once. Forget who that was ...

I plan on going up (and back) from Costa Mesa. Don't know if I'll be in a dirty old truck or a bird-dropping-speckled Ford Focus yet. If it is something I can get in my car I can get you a parts ride. How long and wide are they?

Mike

Well if you do end up taking the truck, have some extra space and don't mind bringing them back let me know.  If i remember correctly they're about 6' long.  I'll buy you some beer or grub or let me know!

they would not like me trying to claim those as my carry on!

LOL...Probably not...They might look at you funny.

Edited by 1TonDirtyMopar

Paul, I thought you received an award last year...

"Best body damage" did you have another fire?

Paul, I thought you received an award last year...

"Best body damage" did you have another fire?

Funny you should mention that Brent.....I was going through the BBQ stuff, getting things ready and I found Paul's 2014 trophy.....

Guess I put it in a safe place and ....well...forgot about it. :huh: sorry Paul.

48D

Funny you should mention that Brent.....I was going through the BBQ stuff, getting things ready and I found Paul's 2014 trophy.....

Guess I put it in a safe place and ....well...forgot about it. :huh: sorry Paul.

48D

he would have just lost it..... or...the cat would have come back and stolen it...you probably did him a big favor...

With the BBQ about two week away, I need to take care of a little business. When the current event is under way, a few forum names will come up....asking questions like "wonder what he's like?" "wonder if he'll come out next year?" or "wouldn't it be great if that guy was here, I'd like to talk with him".

It's what created the "Wish You Were Here Award". An award that reminds everyone on the forum, no matter where you're at, you're invited.

Past winners

2008 Don Coatney

2009 Merle Coggins

2010 Hank aka HanksB3B

2011 Ed aka Young ED

2012 Bud aka Budstruck

2013 Tim Adams aka Plymouthy Adams

2014  Mark aka ggdad1951 and  Davin aka Desotodav

This year goes to a guy whose worked hard on his truck and is near finished as far as I can tell...lol. He just recently got hitched but still find times to post on the forum!

Truly wish he could make it out to the BBQ this year, and look forward to the day he sez he's bought his ticket and is on his way!

•  2015  Joe Hanely aka 52b3b Joe  •

Congratulations Joe!!! Look for your trophy in the mail my friend. ^_^

48D

• Like 5

With the BBQ about two week away, I need to take care of a little business. When the current event is under way, a few forum names will come up....asking questions like "wonder what he's like?" "wonder if he'll come out next year?" or "wouldn't it be great if that guy was here, I'd like to talk with him".

It's what created the "Wish You Were Here Award". An award that reminds everyone on the forum, no matter where you're at, you're invited.

Past winners

2008 Don Coatney

2009 Merle Coggins

2010 Hank aka HanksB3B

2011 Ed aka Young ED

2012 Bud aka Budstruck

2013 Tim Adams aka Plymouthy Adams

2014  Mark aka ggdad1951 and  Davin aka Desotodav

This year goes to a guy whose worked hard on his truck and is near finished as far as I can tell...lol. He just recently got hitched but still find times to post on the forum!

Truly wish he could make it out to the BBQ this year, and look forward to the day he sez he's bought his ticket and is on his way!

•  2015  Joe Hanely aka 52b3b Joe  •

Congratulations Joe!!! Look for your trophy in the mail my friend. ^_^

48D

Congratulations Joe!! It's an honor to have you join us on the list.

Maybe he'll keep the "new" tradition going, that Mark and Davin started last year. He'll show up anyway, even though he got the "Wish You Were Here" award. :D

Having met all on that list, some at the BBQ's, I must say they are all deserving. I hope y'all have fun at the BBQ this year. I'm still bummed I won't make it.

Merle

Aluminum melts.  I've dealt with a couple combine fires when in the ag repair business.  Alternators and fuel pumps become globs that drool over the steel parts.  The rod should have still been attached