8th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

Turns out she's age appropriate....*whew* that was close! lol

one: loves my 50 truck

two: carrying my tools at the junk yard

three: driving to my place with her dog moose

Steph is the real deal. After 10 years a widower, I've found someone who gets my love of old trucks. You're right Mark.....I'm a lucky guy.  ^_^  

48D

post-340-0-40767300-1422116379_thumb.jpg

post-340-0-24827900-1422116525_thumb.jpg

post-340-0-34672600-1422116800_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Ok....its just a bit more than 2 months to the BBQ.

Time to shake it down and road test the beast!!!

Make sure you have a tool box, a box of parts AND temporay part makers...ie duct tape, wire, clips, and clamps!

Read up on quick remedies* for road repair...bring your manual (CD or hard copy)!

Nothing like being ready and getting out of a silly bind. And you get to share your triumph at the Q!

"A few minutes of preparation can save you hours of perspiration"

48D

* If your carburetor floods, spraying WD-40 or ether will dry out the carb and manifold....learning this at the race track has saved me numerous times on the road when testing engine set ups. WD-40 and ether sprays are highly flammable, so use them with caution.

plug all the firewall holes from the engine side, put in a quality sound barrier, then for temporary help get a good rug for the floor. According to "Quiet Ride" a lot of the noise is through the vibration of the floor and firewall. Yet leave that truck at 6O mph for an hour and it will find a nice 'quieter' hum, sit back and relax. "It's the Sound of Mopar".

See you at the wedding, ops, I mean Q. lol {John is bringing is Winchester, the shop will be the Cathedral! LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like French fries with my bugers and wieners???

Bugers and wieners? Is that a Southern or Midwest thing? :huh:

DJ

Hey Tim! Great flyer. I'l be there. Charlie's coming over on the 21st to help me with the differential leak.  I guess we're going to pull the axles - yuk! :( Might have donuts and coffee in the am and pizza and beer for lunch (or, the other way around - depending on how it goes...).

• Like 1

Hey Tim! Great flyer. I'l be there. Charlie's coming over on the 21st to help me with the differential leak.  I guess we're going to pull the axles - yuk! :( Might have donuts and coffee in the am and pizza and beer for lunch (or, the other way around - depending on how it goes...).

Its not as bad a job as it sounds. You have everything on hand you'll be cleaning up by lunch.