8th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

Plymouthy don't have a dog in that fight...while I rib PP a lot on his truck about this and that..never have I wished him any ill will or harm to come to him or the truck as I really cannot see what the big deal of point a finger toward me..but hey if it makes you feel superior..go for it...maybe one day you will have a friend you can rib and still talk to almost daily on the phone and on chat and help with his ever changing project and know when the conversation is over the door is still open for further communication..

Plymouthy don't have a dog in that fight...while I rib PP a lot on his truck about this and that..never have I wished him any ill will or harm to come to him or the truck.

Personally I never got that you were wishing him any harm or ill-will out of your posts. I don’t think anyone (including myself)  thought that it was more than kidding around.

as I really cannot see what the big deal of point a finger toward me.

I didn't mean to come across pointing a finger. Paul and I go way back…and I and probably everyone else got a kick out of teasing poor Paul from time to time…Heck I wish I lived closer and had about 3 gals of polyurethane primer to start off with

but hey if it makes you feel superior..go for it(I didn’t intend to give that impression) maybe one day you will have a friend (I do, Paul) you can rib and still talk to almost daily on the phone  and on chat and help with his ever changing project (I’m sure you are a good friend to Paul. It’s really tough to come back from there and no ones had it tougher than Paul in my opinion) and know when the conversation is over the door is still open for further communication.(that’s what a friend is)

Lastly, I do apologize if I offended you in any way I didn't mean to. 

Hank  :huh:

Edited by HanksB3B
  • Like 2

Hank..I have read your intentions wrongly...my error and as you apologized..so do I....it is easy to see things in different lights..I have stated many times on here I would rather mess with PP than eat when I am hungry...and I do pick on him all the time...I figured you thought my harassing him was intended to be demeaning and hurtful farthest from the truth...in some manner PP may have slipped into place of a past member here that was always being ribbed...Norm Coupe...I believe there are great number of folks here that miss Norm's daily input...I know I do....Again, apologies to Hank and the forum at large..

Tim

• Like 3

Back home and all is well. Mike and I had a great ride together. Next year we will try again, but I'm going to get a car Dolly, and tow his truck the final leg, then we'll switch and he will tow me back. That way we ca visit AND caravan at the same time.

• Like 2

Home and sad. Now I know why people wanted the next BBQ so soon after. It is only hours old and as I troll the photos I took I want to spend another seven hours driving back right now. I don't know if it is the enthusiasm or the glee, but it certainly is the passion. Passion is always good. I'm very grateful and happy to have met all of you, and sad (looking at the pictures now) of not having had the time to chat one-on-one with all of you. So much to see ...

Clements Gang 2015

Thanks Tim, for the passion, the enthusiasm, and being an inspiration and an enabler for others.

Edit: Studebaker driveshaft now has 1500 miles on it.

Edited by TrampSteer
  • Like 5

Another great BBQ! Thank you so much Tim for your hospitality. It was great to see so many forum members and put faces to names. Made it home in one piece. The wind was killer though. Felt like I was driving a barn door. Got passed by a few semis going over the altimont pass. Cold beer never tasted so good when I got home.

thanks again

Tom

• Like 2

post-7833-0-92669300-1428289946_thumb.jpgTim, thank you for another great event. It was good to see everyone again. When I saw Jerry I said, it’s good to see you again how are you doing. He replied well we’re a year older. Boy that’s true! Even though I only see most of you only once a year it seems like we all pick up where we left off last year.  Tim, I also wanted to say good job on creating the trophies, its’ my first trophy since 1979 thanks

• Like 1

Another great BBQ put on by Tim for us! Thanks again Tim for all the efforts putting this on!.....and thanks to all the folks that helped out with set up too! Will try to get some of the few pics I got to take soon on the Bucket.

• Like 1

Another great BBQ put on by Tim for us! Thanks again Tim for all the efforts putting this on!.....and thanks to all the folks that helped out with set up too! Will try to get some of the few pics I got to take soon on the Bucket.

Good idea. I took too many though and its over half a gigabyte. If three people downloaded them my photo bucket would be done for the month. Besides, I don't take a lot of candid photos, so a public display without the person in the shot would be presumptuous.

Chevy Eating Horse

If anyone wants a DVD of the raw shots (blurry or otherwise) I took, PM me and I'll let you know where you can send a stamped self-addressed CD mailer to. I'll burn you a disk of it. You'll have to wade through the transmission linkage and left-hand mirror shots, but there's plenty of people chatting away although I know I probably didn't catch everyone.

• Like 2

If you direct link the photos from the bucket to here I believe you could display them without having people view and using up your allotment.

I am torn Tim on thanking you or cursing you!

I was just fine working on the 2ton, dreaming about the B3B...... I thought, I go to the BBQ one year talk (listen) to some guys that have huge ego's, come home and continue on my scrambled project plan.

But NO! everyone was so cool, humble, generous and encouraging, the following night I laid awake thinking about my next move on the B3B! so some year we can bring it.

oh, sure we had an awesome time..... but be aware, next year I will fill the bbq post with warnings to guys that don't want the above to happen to them! post-6005-0-03153500-1428340405_thumb.jpg post-6005-0-53783800-1428340488_thumb.jpg post-6005-0-43916300-1428340624_thumb.jpg

Side note -thanks Tim, Jim and Mark for showing me how to read! ;)

Edit= some things don't come across as the fun it was intended

Edited by Brent B3B
  • Like 5

Adams "misses' most of the time! :huh:

post-34-0-47674500-1428361922_thumb.jpgpost-34-0-93794400-1428361969_thumb.jpgpost-34-0-54822300-1428362008_thumb.jpgpost-34-0-93958500-1428361945_thumb.jpgpost-34-0-40622300-1428361987_thumb.jpgpost-34-0-26144300-1428362044_thumb.jpg

The first two times I went to the Q I looked at trucks, this time I focused more on ideas. These are just a few, nice personalization of the trucks which I like.

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 2

I received my award in the mail today! It's by far the coolest award I've ever gotten, and it's going to take a lot to top it! Thanks again Tim!

post-3516-0-93244900-1428368169_thumb.jpg

post-3516-0-42123900-1428368185_thumb.jpg

Edited by 52b3b Joe
  • Like 3

Thanks Tim! My Dad and I (Glenn and Ralph) had a GREAT time at our 2nd bbq. I continue to learn from all the talent on hand, and enjoy perusing the gallery of fine old trucks. Tim and my dad are telling me that my truck's got to be ready by next year's 'q'.

• Like 2

I'm off for the next two weeks and taking that time to relax with my family. I had a great time and have several stories to share over the next few days. I'll post the trophy winners and my thanks you during that time too. An amazing number of helpful folks who made me smile for sure. ^_^  

Tim aka 48Dodger

• Like 1

Just so you all know Tim beat me at beerdarts today...I feel shame

LOL, he explained the game to me........... i am surprised you feel anything :D