8th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

Its not as bad a job as it sounds. You have everything on hand you'll be cleaning up by lunch.

No no no, Ed. This will be a highly complicated procedure that will take many many hours and many many pizzas to complete.

Do not forget the pizzas... :lol:

48Pizza

Hey no problem Tom.

I'm on the phone letting people who don't frequent the forum, know the date....always worry I'll call someone more than once...lol. ^_^

48D

I was planning to fly in from Illinois, but then I realized it's on Easter weekend so it's a no go. Too bad because it would have been my first. I'm restoring a 1951 B3B and it would have been nice to see what other owners have done. Maybe next year.

Glad to hear you were thinking of us glenn77....hope you give it a try next year!

It's always the first weekend in April....somehow we got Easter weekend this time. ^_^

Staying within the guidelines of the forum, I will only say that I have a location

where folks who celebrate ES, can hike to the morning after the BBQ, should they stay the night.  ^_^

48D

Actually Don......that's not a bad idea...lol.

THERE ARE ONLY 7 SATURDAYS TIL THE BBQ!!!!!!!  THAT'S RIGHT, SEVEN!!!!

Its getting close.

• Get the chores done first

• Clear the schedule of busy work

• Reschedule the things that can wait

• Stay in close contact with those who can help you

• AND GET THE TRUCK DONE!!!

The work for me has increased two fold but the experience really helps. The trophies are being sorted out. The "wish you were here" recipient has been picked. And I'll be in Wilton this Saturday helping Jimmy with his 50 PH and the leaky differential.

Hope you'all are getting excited! :lol:

48D

• 2 weeks later...

Tim, yes but now for me it's crunch time, should be driving on Monday, then maybe a week from now a test run up to the sequoia big trees, then fine tuning for the 5th, too far not to stay over and try for bragging rights around the campfire.

Join us' !

Notice to members Modesto and south. I'm driving to the BBQ on Friday, would like a 'wing' man. If I go solo then will go up through Yosemite valley,enjoy the falls, take photos then on to Tim's. PM me if interested. Truck is ready for glass so will be testing and driving to gain confidence in it again. It's been a long hill!

Ps: got my premiums paid up on AAA, ARP, and Sierra Club cards!!!

Edited by pflaming

I don’t communicate much and I don’t participate in many car shows or events, but Tim’s BBQ is the one event I try to make every year. He is a great host and puts a lot of work in this event, much more effort than I can imagine myself ever doing. So you have a great group of people, great location and good food. Our love for Mopars gives us something in common.  

• Like 3

Here we go!!!!!!! One month away!!!!

The work has been underway for the last two weeks......Hope you'all are planning to make it!!!

Make some noise.....someone might be driving right behind you and now would be a great time to get the caravan together!!!! ^_^  

48D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ONLY A FEW WEEKENDS LEFT!!!!!!!!

Here's the trophy list: 

01. Best of show-Dodge
02. Best non-mopar vehicle

03. Best wood/ flat/ or utility bed

04. Best in-progress Truck
05. Longest distance traveled
06. Longest distance truck
07. Best L-6 engine
08. Best Modified engine
09. The tough trucker award

10. Friend of the BBQ Award
11. Wish you were here award

The wish you were here award will be announced in about a week or so...... ^_^

Those of you who have won in the past...put up a picture of your "trophy on a shelf"....I know I wanna see it. :lol:

48D
Edited by 48dodger

I've entered my blue 52 Desoto truck 'Ernie' for judging occasionally over the past 3 years (when my work shifts have actually corresponded with the same day/s of the constant stream of car show events here in south-eastern Queensland-Australia) and I guess it would seem obvious now that I have impressed the odd judge or two during that time, but there are 2 trophies which have taken pride of place on my office desk since April 2014 (see photos).

It is an interesting story of how I received both of those much treasured trophies, the 'Wish You Were Here' award and also the 'Longest Distance Traveled' award at the 2014 Clements Tailgate BBQ, but it can be best summed up in that our gracious host Tim already had the trophy plates made before I finalized plans to hang out with my mate Hank for a couple of weeks, and to attend the BBQ to stir some of you guys up over there about your accents!

I have many fond memories of my 2 weeks spent in California, but I would have to say that attending the Clements Tailgate BBQ was one of the biggest highlights for me. I consider myself very fortunate indeed to have been able to spend a few days hanging out with some of my forum family in Lodi and attending what I would now describe as one of the best social gatherings I have ever been to. I only wish that I could have extended my leave and spent more time with my forum family in USA, but family matters at home played heavily on my mind at the time as both of my parents took dangerously ill and I returned home with little time to spare before my father passed away.

I am most determined to return to USA within the next few years and find that this determination is driven from the warm welcome which I received from all on my last venture.

I cannot thank you enough for the 2 treasured trophies I have on my desk Tim, and I can assure you that they have much greater value and meaning to me than you could ever imagine. I wish you all well for the 2015 Tailgate BBQ and hope that you all enjoy the event as much as I did back in April 2014.

post-3915-0-46109600-1426583966_thumb.jpg

post-3915-0-37167500-1426583996_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I've entered my blue 52 Desoto truck 'Ernie' for judging occasionally over the past 3 years (when my work shifts have actually corresponded with the same day/s of the constant stream of car show events here in south-eastern Queensland-Australia) and I guess it would seem obvious now that I have impressed the odd judge or two during that time, but there are 2 trophies which have taken pride of place on my office desk since April 2014 (see photos).

It is an interesting story of how I received both of those much treasured trophies, the 'Wish You Were Here' award and also the 'Longest Distance Traveled' award at the 2014 Clements Tailgate BBQ, but it can be best summed up in that our gracious host Tim already had the trophy plates made before I finalized plans to hang out with my mate Hank for a couple of weeks, and to attend the BBQ to stir some of you guys up over there about your accents!

I have many fond memories of my 2 weeks spent in California, but I would have to say that attending the Clements Tailgate BBQ was one of the biggest highlights for me. I consider myself very fortunate indeed to have been able to spend a few days hanging out with some of my forum family in Lodi and attending what I would now describe as one of the best social gatherings I have ever been to. I only wish that I could have extended my leave and spent more time with my forum family in USA, but family matters at home played heavily on my mind at the time as both of my parents took dangerously ill and I returned home with little time to spare before my father passed away.

I am most determined to return to USA within the next few years and find that this determination is driven from the warm welcome which I received from all on my last venture.

I cannot thank you enough for the 2 treasured trophies I have on my desk Tim, and I can assure you that they have much greater value and meaning to me than you could ever imagine. I wish you all well for the 2015 Tailgate BBQ and hope that you all enjoy the event as much as I did back in April 2014.

it was great meeting you as well, I didn't get to spend as much time chatting with you as I wanted...too much to do!  Next trip you come to MN and Back to the 50's...you'll never leave!  :)

I had to quickly run out to the shop...grab the trophy, rather time consuming as I had to find the floor jack to jack the car up, was using this pistion/rod  assembly as a jackstand at the time, bring it inside,  pose it on my shelf in the game room...snap a picture...whew..I need another cup of coffee and a doughnut now...

post-19-0-14880100-1426600295_thumb.jpg

• Like 2