8th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

8TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ
APRIL 4TH 2015

Clements, California

Is it really the 8th BBQ???? Wow...hard to believe, but it just keeps getting better!

Last year was all about the mileage. The distanced folks traveled to be in a place that "gets" the passion for old Mopar trucks and cars. Merle (Merle Coggins) and his girlfriend made the trip from Wisconsin again, Mark (ggdad1951) flew in from Minnesota, Jerimah (Ram Man 02) drove from Minnesota, and Davin (Desotodav) flew in from Australia! The "local" California crowd was loud and present, coming from all corners of the state, Tod (TodFitch), Hank (HanksB3B), Gary Martin, and John (John-T-53) just to name a few. We had folks from Oregan, Nevada, and Washington as well.....!!! Not to mention Paul's (Pflaming) truck making it to the party after being in a garage fire. So many regulars made it to the BBQ, I hate to miss any names, but the point is, we have fun and focus on Food, Friends, and Frucks....I mean Trucks...lol. Which its worth mentioning, the car crowd is growing and more than welcome. I could easliy call it "The Tailgate/Trunk BBQ"!

I can't tell you how much I look forward to this every year, its a blast and for some, lasts a few days. Campers show up on Thursday or Friday and leave on a Sunday morning.....all enjoying late night chat sessions around the fire pit. 

I hope new and old  members alike are inspired to make the trip and maybe even drive their trucks the distance....you know we have your back! 

"So many good stories around the fire pit the nights before and after the event. I can't tell how cool it is to have forum members stay several days and just relax....."  

"Looking forward to a great party! Now build it, and bring it!!!"

48D

"It was around 2007 when Bob Koch, Jim Shepard, and myself (Tim Estrada), went to Reg Evans' place to check out his "yard". While we were eating hotdogs, drinking cold beverages, solving international and regional issues....we thought "lets have a BBQ".

"Get the wheels on, and the tanks full....its time to finish up and git to the Q! It ain't no beauty pageant of trailer queens, its a truck show...so flex your rust as well as your shine! lol. "

• Like 2

"FAMILY REUNION" that's what it is. I will be there, then return via Yosemite National Park. Maybe have an extended Q at the park. A big thank you in advance to Tim and his family.

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

Links to the posts that have links to the pictures of the 7th BBQ in the thread about the 7th BBQ.....whew.

7th annual BBQ pics: Mark Haymond

7th annual BBQ pics: Bob Koch

7th annual BBQ pics: Kevin

7th annual BBQ pics: Mark Fritsche

The B1BQ  

48D

Edited by 48dodger

WOO-HOO! Let the countdown begin! I am ready to rearrange more RR ties!

Could I bring a 70s C body (land yacht) this time? haha....

I finally got the pic off my phone from your "send off" to us at Lodi Beer in September....

post-1481-0-19876600-1415295906_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Can I come even though I sold my truck? :(

Oh hellya bother! Bring your camper again, pictures of the truck and a story to tell about the sale.  

Everyone always want to know what to pay for a complete truck. ^_^

post-340-0-71197900-1415332669_thumb.jpg

Getting a few PM's and phone calls about the event.....I say post the questions on this thread.....there are a lot of members who can answer them here and you might get your answer faster too. lol

48D

Tim, Cher and I expect to be there. We are planning on celebrating the end to Chemo and Radiation with a month long trip and your bbq is top of the list. We have been wanting to come back since we attended our first a couple of years ago. Its still too early to tell whether our truck will be ready for this one since we had a couple of "setbacks", but we are really trying to make this happen.

• Like 2

Tim, Cher and I expect to be there. We are planning on celebrating the end to Chemo and Radiation with a month long trip and your bbq is top of the list. We have been wanting to come back since we attended our first a couple of years ago. Its still too early to tell whether our truck will be ready for this one since we had a couple of "setbacks", but we are really trying to make this happen.

This is absolutely fantastic news Bud!!!! You have been such a great husband for Cher through this whole process.....

You are my hero sir, an incredible role model.

Let me know what I can do to help make your trip that much better, trust me I'll be happy to do it.

Seeing you guys again, will really make my day! ^_^

48D

• Like 2

You do realize that's Easter weekend? I'm still in.

Tim will most likely have a sunrise service around the fire pit Sunday morning if it is!  ;)

DJ

• Like 2

You do realize that's Easter weekend? I'm still in.

I double checked the past BBQ's and its never happened before.....huh.

Any thoughts about pushing it ahead a weekend?

48D

I was in Lockeford this past weekend and found a dark green B-4-B-116 parked behind the pawn shop in the alley. We went inside and met the owner (of both the truck and the shop). I had my truck out there and he was more than excited to see another one like his! He just got it - it needs seats, bumpers, and an engine rebuild, but it's fairly complete otherwise and even has fluid drive and a very nice body - no rust anywhere that I noticed.

I told him about the BBQ and the forum, so hopefully he'll pop up soon.

No opinion on Easter weekend - I'm in.

I was in Lockeford this past weekend and found a dark green B-4-B-116 parked behind the pawn shop in the alley. We went inside and met the owner (of both the truck and the shop). I had my truck out there and he was more than excited to see another one like his! He just got it - it needs seats, bumpers, and an engine rebuild, but it's fairly complete otherwise and even has fluid drive and a very nice body - no rust anywhere that I noticed.

I told him about the BBQ and the forum, so hopefully he'll pop up soon.

No opinion on Easter weekend - I'm in.

Dunno, "downtown" Lockeford is what, maybe 4 miles from "downtown" Clements. Or maybe 3.5 miles from Tim’s.

That’s awful far for one of those old Dodge trucks to go. :)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would prefer a different weekend but will be there. May just go to Yosemite first, then home on Sat night. Hope we have some GOOD snows so we can have water falls in Yosemite and water to drink in the valley.

moving it up a week most likely means I won't be able to make it.  Running flights with my yearly trip to the Frozen Four College Hockey tourney is about the only way I can afford the flights ( I can "skip" a flight by combining the trips).  If I can't make it this year, there is always next year...

My feeling is the event is on Saturday.......

I'm more than happy to celebrate Easter with anyone who wishes to stay thru Sunday. ^_^

48D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Clean up and prep work for the BBQ has begun......the rains turned everything green and the weeds are loving it. Hope everyone is working on their trucks and making the deadlines! Gotta make it this year! It's not forever....I'm not getting any younger! You might miss meeting guys you've been talking to for years on the forum! You just might miss seeing the largest collection of Pilot-House Trucks all in one place! Not to mention Car Guys show up too!!!!

For pete's sake, get a move on and get that ride of yours finished!!!!!!! :lol:

bump. lol

48D

Edited by 48dodger