interior from Dodge Central of Michigan

Bobacuda

Has anyone used Dodge Central of Michigan for ABS interior pieces for their pilothouse.  Interested in their product and Quiet Rides, trying to get some experienced opinions.

http://dodgecentralmi.biz/ocart/Interior/Interior-Parts

Thanks.

John Nidas interior work sure looks nice! Lotsa nice custom stitchen work!

Could ya explain why the John Nidas interior is superior to the Quiet Ride interior?  Is it based on looks, fit, functionality, durability, cost/benefit ratio...?

Quality, fit, finish and materials used. He's using his original interior as the patterns.

Cost is higher, but I feel, worth it.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I have to disagree, I've seen the Roberts interior and I think it is a much much nicer look and fit then PH interiors....my headliner didn't fit worth a crap from John, and although I had the option to return it, that did nothing for me when my truck was leaving for Back to the 50's two weeks after I installed it....and put me back to square one as the only reason I went that route was for a custom colour. The divider bar on the PH headliner is also about double or more the size of the Roberts one, and when you see the two, the thin one really doesn't stick out so bad like the PH.

My PH headliner also doesn't hold in with the clips like original, so you end up screwing the thing all in with drywall plugs, and they don't tell you that until after you get the install sheet....not worth the double the cost over the competition in my opinion.

I don't mean to hate on them, they were very nice to deal with, and offered my money back but when you build your truck interior around someone else's work, you kinda stuck with it regardless of its poor fit and finish. I think the DCM interior looks much like the Roberts from the pics I have seen online, but hard to tell. I can say the truck I looked at with Roberts was very very nice, so that may be another option for you.

I have one of Johns interiors in my truck and it never fails to get compliments. It has the true uphostered look I was after rather than grained cardboard or plastic. That said putting the headliner in correctly was a bit of a chore. It is a two man job and there was a fair amount of cussing. But I think that was as much my fault as anything as I have added quite a bit of insulation to my cab. And that definitely complicated the job. At any rate putting one of these interiors in is not a job to do if you are in any sort of a hurry. In the end it all fit as it should and I couldn't be happier.

Mr Neal asked why some of us think this sort of interior is superior to others. Well for me it is because it has a handcrafted appearance to it and is very solidly constructed. When combined with all the work I have done insulating the cab it just has a very comfortable feel. I have ridden and looked at a ton of old trucks and they generally fall into one of two categories.....either rough and noisy ....or too modified from original to bear any resemblance. With John's components I feel I got a fairly original looking interior that is much more substantial than the other options.

Jeff

post-4710-0-91068500-1436710106_thumb.jpg

post-4710-0-62129100-1436710127_thumb.jpg

post-4710-0-63904200-1436710146_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Two men and a dog couldn't have made mine fit, I had holes that were out by inches, rather then just a slight pull or stretch, and I ended up having to add holes to the edge that runs the door jambs as the gaps were almost an inch between panel and body. I have three holes that just have plugs in them as they are nowhere near my supports or original holes. I know people can have different experiences,but to the tune of $700 compared to 1/2 for some of the others....I don't feel it's up to its value, and compared to custom interiors I've seen in show style cars...it would never pass. I just want others to know there are two sides to every purchase, the reason I got mine from PH Interiors was because of all the good reviews, but after all my issues and seeing the Roberts interior.... I think I should have done more homework

4mula-dlx..

Could you post a couple pictures of your installed interior kit from Roberts?

I'd like to see the quality and nice fit up if possible.

Thanks, Bob

Two men and a dog couldn't have made mine fit, I had holes that were out by inches, rather then just a slight pull or stretch, and I ended up having to add holes to the edge that runs the door jambs as the gaps were almost an inch between panel and body. I have three holes that just have plugs in them as they are nowhere near my supports or original holes. I know people can have different experiences,but to the tune of $700 compared to 1/2 for some of the others....I don't feel it's up to its value, and compared to custom interiors I've seen in show style cars...it would never pass. I just want others to know there are two sides to every purchase, the reason I got mine from PH Interiors was because of all the good reviews, but after all my issues and seeing the Roberts interior.... I think I should have done more homework

Hmmm. Well mine fits perfect as can be seen in the photos. Perhaps Canadian trucks were or are different ?

As to the value I would say it is worth every penny. And then some. So much more substantial than some cardboard or plastic. A full on show quality interior might be nicer but would cost several times what I spent on mine.

Jeff

Johns are cardboard too....it's just covered with resin open the top bend. I didn't have my phone on me when I was in Devils Lake where the truck had the Roberts interior, but I spent a long time looking at it and all the seams and the centre strap they use. I bought my headliner/rear window wrap from PH interiors, but I just couldn't in good faith recommend others too. The only reason I didn't order from Roberts originally was because they had no pictures of it on the site, and had none to email me.

Roberts has few pictures to show of the really important things you need to see before you buy.

Bummer you had so much trouble installing yours, after all the modifications you have done I figured you would have drilled a couple holes where needed and been done with it, LOL. I am having PH interiors make one of mine and plan on doing that if needed, after all I want mine to be somewhat like yours and Jeff's, built and look the way I want it.... I'll worry about the "restore" on the next one.

Ya, nothing to drill into or I would have, their inches off the rear cab braces so I just plugged them. Thankfully my bucket seats hide those holes. I hope yours turns out good, I may have just had a one off bad one....but it was more then just a couple holes that I found issue with on mine

• Like 2

The interior by John certainly looks the goods and to my eye does have that authentic look about it. Not praising it over others or criticising others. Just commenting based on what I've seen in this thread and the installation video. I'd be happier to see the mid strap hug the roof profile a little better though. No doubt some tweaking could sort that but you'd hope that you didn't have to tweak for those $. I go by the thought that you generally (not always!) get what you pay for, but it is disappointing when you put up the hard earned and the product doesn't meet expectations. Regards, Martyn