Cylinder Numbering

meadowbrook

Hi folks.

Can anyone tell me if the 230's cylinders are numbered conventionally, with number 1 cylinder being the one closest to the radiator?

I am wondering because the little plug you can remove to check to see if a piston is at TDC is located on the cylinder closest to the firewall, so I wonder if that might be number one.

#one always in front on all motors I have ever seen including Mopars.

#1 and #6 in flat 6's are both at their top of stroke one on tdc ignition and other tdc exhaust. Remember 2 complete rotations per cycle-.

DJ

1 is at the radiator..6 is at the firewall  1 and 6 are both at TDC at the same time...the differences is one will be on compression the other on exhaust..removing the plug at 6 allows for you to ensure TDC for number one ...be sure you valves are both closed on number 1 if putting the distributor back in or routing your plug wires...if distributor is stock position rotor will be point to 7 oclock position