New top to be installed......finally

BobT-47P15

Took the Plymouth to a local upholstery guy to get the new top on.  He's the same person who

put the last top on, back 15 or 20 years ago.  Also having him make a new boot......as the one

he made in the past has gotten dirty and some stuff doesn't want to come off.  

DSC00852.jpg

Fortunately the tornado in 2011 did only minor damage to the car......put a big scratch on the

trunk lid.........broke the wooden top bow above the rear window, and put a 6 inch slice in the

left rear quarter of the top.  There were scuff marks all over, and gunky debris flew into the

engine compartment (even with the hood closed).  

The new top is an E Z On item, ordered through a place in Kansas City.  Will be tan Haartz

canvas just like the old one, with a plastic rear window.  Only difference from first top will be

the cost......about 3 times greater.

As you can see.....the car fared better than the house.

post-22-0-45353200-1414525280_thumb.jpg 

post-22-0-89564600-1414525418_thumb.jpg

Edited by BobT-47P15

Hey Bob,

Great news that you are getting your car roadworthy again. I know what you mean about the cost of a new top. In 1979, I had a new roof installed on my Plymouth Fury for $150.00 and that was with a glass window. Way more now. Good luck.

John R

Also.......son in law Dale completely re-upholstered the interior.  He took the seats down to the springs and replaced all the

stuff and stuffing.  This is pretty much an original style seat covering.  Mine was two tone cloth like this.......with leather

door and rear side panels when new.  

DSC09354.jpg

Edited by BobT-47P15