Torquing (NOT TWERKING) in tight spaces

perrymedik

I am installing my Intake and Exhaust manifolds and my Service manual says to apply 15-20 ft. lbs. of torque.

My problem is that of the 13 I need to torque, I can only get to 5 with a torque wrench.  The rest can only be accessed with a box wrench.

I took my Torque wrench and placed a hex head bolt adapter on the end of it, fitted that thru the closed end of a box end wrench and dropped the torque value of the wrench to below the settings I had and then moved them back up testing each increment on a bolt that I was able to torque properly until I reached the same break setting.

Is this a sound method or will my bolt pressures be off?  I am afraid of over torqueing and breaking the manifold (again).

Thanks!!

Cory

Don: Thanks for the guidance!  I haven't been wrenching long enough to develop that "feel"! My 15 lb "Feel" probably ranges between 5-50 Lbs!! LOL!!

Oldguy48: Thanks for the link!  I'll have to have my kid do all that math for me!  I don't have enough fingers and toes, and fractions turn into fractures for me! LOL!