50 desoto-mystery button

50desotocoupe

From what I can see everything is all original.  Horn works from the button on the wheel, key works.  don't see anything electrically that has been hacked.  heck, it is even has the heat shield over the fuel pump.....

Time to play Rubberman and trace wiring if still hooked up? B)

DJ

Thank you for all the responses.  I hit the button and hear nothing.  I need to limber up to get under the dash and see where the wires lead.  I think there is a foot pump for the windshield washer but honestly I can't remember.  Not that it is back on the road after the new interior, disc brake and multiple other small tweaks.  Now I am driving around my neighborhood putting trust miles on the old gal. 

post-6108-0-18280400-1414501232_thumb.jpg

post-6108-0-71111000-1414501255_thumb.jpg

That button should have two 1/4" vacuum hoses connected to it and will lead to the engine compartment to the engine and washer bottle.The washer bottle- probably an anco is vacuum operated.

Electric gas cap has a 1/4" black push button as I recall.

Some pics of factory installed washer buttons on a couple of my cars and electric gas cap button......

post-302-0-34431100-1414551015_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-59992200-1414551034_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-26409100-1414551066_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-54221000-1414551105_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-31763500-1414551264_thumb.jpg

As I said earlier I have that switch and nozzles on the wagon when I got it..the actual jets are missing from the nozzles and thus not slated to go back on the car at this time..I also believe that stock location for a Mopar gas door switch is right of the steering column and very low..that is its location on my Town Sedan and looks like the one posted by DodgeB4ya

I looked last night, at first pushing the button did nothing.  After the car ran for a little bit I could hear a "whoosh" when I pushed the button....It is for the washer bottle.  Thanks again for all the insight into this!