Anyone have a picture I can use?

perrymedik

I am trying to re-assemble the Manifold Heat Control as the original had desintigrated.  I took a picture of the original on my phone, but I got a new one last night and now can’t find it.

Does anyone have a picture of an assembled unit for a ’49 Plymouth Special Deluxe, or even better an expanded diagram that will show me how to put he pieces back together correctly?

My parts manual doesn’t arrive for a few more days, and I think I got the wrong one anyway.  It looks like it just covers the P-15, and I’m working on a P-18.

Thanks!

Ha ha ha ha!  My bad Niel!!  Bob T-47P-15 is correct that was sent by GTK, my bust.

GTK: Thank you!  I apologize for not citing the correct contributor!  My mistake!  I must have been tired! :)

I will say that despite the pictures, the set up does seem to be a bit different, and I am still rather stuck.

If someone can tell me how to attache pictures I will show you what I am talking about and someone can tell me where I am overthinking this whole deal. I'm not real good with this whole computer thing! LOL!

Thanks!

Ok, here are some pictures!

New Spring & Counterbalance assembly

This is the new Spring and Counter balance kit.  I am trying to figure out what order and positions the pieces go in.

When it comes to the Spring Placement and winding I have some confusion.  

According to my my Service Manual, "When the engine is cold, the thermostat spring keeps the valve open so that the hot exhaust gasses pass through the heat chamber in the intake manifold to aid in vaporizing the fuel.  As the engine warms up, the spring tension is reduced and the valve closes.  The hot exhaust gases then pass straight through the exhaust manifold."

Closed Manifold Valve 1

Open Manifold Valve

I am having a hard time figuring out how to positing the spring so that the thermostat is installed a full tun (355 degrees of wrap according to the Service Manual).  When I try to wrap it, it just slams the valve closed in the opposite direction. 

Closed Manifold Valve 2

This is the original manifold and valve so it's not like I welded it on the wrong way.

Not quite sure how to do this so that it is correct.  What do I do?

Thanks!!