Posting Photos

1940plymouth

I think you are limited as to the overall amount of space you are allowed to use. Over time you may have used up your allowance, and may have to go to "manage attachments" and make some space. And then again, I may be out in left field :D

EDIT: Profile, My Settings, Manage Attachments to see how much space you have left of your allowed 110mB

Edited by shel_ny

Problem with Photobucket is they always want to fix what aint broke. I cannot count the number of times I have had to figure a way around there upgrades that are actually downgrades. Now when I click on get links a window pops up wanting me to share my photo on tweeter or face plant. If I want to post photos there I would go there to do so. I currently have 5500 photos on Photobucket so I really do not want to change to another server. When I have complained to them my comments end up in cyberspace unheard.

I logged into your account and you have used up your photo quota. If you post in the photo gallery you have an additional 40mb. You can include photos in the gallery in your thread posts by using the "My Media" button in the editor. 

• Like 1

I just figured that out. I currently have 196 (17%) photos posted on this site. Hate to guess how many Photobucket photos I have posted here.

More than the rest of the forum combined & ALL very useful. Seems you have a pic for everything.

This is an area where size matters. My pics are from my computer. 368 for 31%. Many of mine are under 100kb. Being stored on this site allows them to be seen for a long time.

Don pays the Photo Bucket fees, and has lots of room. I was doing some with web hosting, but had limited space. If a pic was deleted or moved then it was not searchable (not seen) in threads here. I think one site I was using shut down. Way easier to post them from my computer anyway. I have loads of free space. Sometimes it is just a matter of locating them. I have given up on the idea of arranging over 12,000 pictures.    A back up is in order before I lose them, as my computer has started to take 4-5 minutes to boot up after an overnight shut down.

It is interesting to look to see how many times a pic has been downloaded. (did that today for the 1st time)  From mine, the highest was for bolts cut off and used as temporary guide pins in the bell housing to assist with transmission installation. A front brake exploded view diagram from the manual was right up there. Bell housing to trans. gasket, and heat riser "open", "closed" were popular.

From the less technical side was a pic of wheelless J. Edgar showing the CG point with a floor jack used midway down the right side. (likely down loaded as a "what not to do" , "or look what this idiot is doing" example). Also popular was the pic that I took of the "mouse electrocution" in the wiring of my kitchen gas range.

• Like 1

Any advice on posting a video????????

Seems I did it before w/Photobucket but have been unsuccessful recently.  The "upload" seems to take and I get a message saying "processing your video, check back soon" or some such,.......did that twice yesterday and it has not yet appeared.  Can't seem to find any "help" source either.

Any observations or advice would be appreciated, Tx BS

Edited by mrwrstory