Non Pilot House sightings

ggdad1951

Well I KNOW there is a thread on Pilot House trucks and survival of them, but since we've expanded to beyond JUST PH trucks I figured a thread for NON PH trucks may be in order.

After the dentist today I stopped for lunch and found this in the parking lot:

2014-10-21114814_zps752d0846.jpg

• Like 3

Nice, it probably wasn't locked did you peek inside? :D (just kidding)

my second favorite truck body style, any guess on the year?

Nice, it probably wasn't locked did you peek inside? :D (just kidding)

my second favorite truck body style, any guess on the year?

Lacking stainless trim on the lower grill bars would make it a 46-47 but a 41-42 would look virtually the same.

• Like 1

Lacking stainless trim on the lower grill bars would make it a 46-47 but a 41-42 would look virtually the same.

good info Ed, i love learning the little differences in these vehicles. i really love showing off to my wife what i think i know, often she is not impressed :D

• Confused 1

There are 12 "Stockton" named cities is the US.

Do you mean the one in GA. ?

Mn.?

DJ

• Like 1

That was posted from Clements, California where there is a city named Stockton about 20 miles away. I'd hazard a guess that the city in California is the one being referred to.

Ya I know Tod,

Just having a little fun with the facts there are Stocktons all over the country.

A web search using only the name is just about all Stockton Ca. negative headlines about the Bankruptcy, murder rates,car thefts, repossessed houses and on and ...  :(

It's not all that bad though, just pay attention to what part of town your in and do your business during the day in the iffy sections.

Have several friends living there and they have no problems. They live in one of the newer areas however.

Isn't fairyland in the bay area with the capitol at San Fransisco?

60 miles from Clements. Not a political or religious statement I hope? :huh:

DJ

Edited by DJ194950

This one reminds me of a line in a country western song "Wish I had a known you when you were a little younger"

Good example of the prewar grill with the extra stainless trim.

• 4 months later...

drive by this one sometimes, i stopped to talk to the owner (not home)

post-6005-0-70135500-1426275196_thumb.jpg

little newer than this thread was probably intended for but, i thought it looked cool

i would guess 57 or 58?

funny how these larger trucks are jumping out at me all of a sudden :)  

... funny how these larger trucks are jumping out at me all of a sudden :)  

Another one to add to your growing fleet Brent? You gotta slow down a bit if you want to keep her on-side!... took me about 10 years (and a very understanding wife) to get my 9 trucks! I have to keep wrecking one or two every now and then so she allows me to buy another one.

• Like 1

'37 3/4 ton I believe, not sure on the "tonage". Bought, then sold to dad. The gentleman I bought it from found it when he was bush-hogging the field and hit it with the tractor! There was a second truck of the same year that is here locally, daily driver, on a toyota 4x4 frame on 35's.

post-7422-0-68625300-1426559484_thumb.png

Edited by MartinsB3B

My buddy flew in again from Germany and stopped by to pick up more parts for her 48 PH......she liked my "Wheel Chain Anti-Theft Defender". 

We even gave it a test run....lol.

48D

post-340-0-61952700-1426874935_thumb.jpg

post-340-0-69055400-1426874954_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

saw this at a parade my granddaughters were in last weekend.

not really sure what this is/was.... I call it a forolet PW   (powered by a diesel)

Edited by Brent B3B
Photo deleted.... seemed to really, REALLY upset GGdad1951 and life is too short