What new features or capabilities would you like to see added to the site?

Sponsored By  

What new features or capabilities would you like to see added to the site? I'm sure many of you visit other similar sites and find new features  that would be a great addition. The site has been super stable and reliable and with over a thousand new members in the last 9 months I have some time to think about doing some upgrades. So let me know what you would like to see!

second the motion on the invisibility....

extend back to us the full editing of our post as in the past with delete option as before..

pics are too easy now...just download off your computer...online hosting is however a drag when posting a link from a image hosting program...too time consuming..and my browser automatically work with spell check..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

second the motion on the invisibility....

pics are too easy now...just download off your computer...online hosting is however a drag when posting a link..too time consuming..and my browser automatically work with spell check..

Pictures are easy for you and I but a lot of new and a lot of long time members still ask for help. My browser also has spell check but not everybody does.

Return of the cloaking feature.

Why?

Elimination of VigLink

Find me another revenue stream to offset the loss. Selling subscriptions is not financially viable. It's the internet age, people want everything on line free. 

Automatic spell check

I checked the IPS (forum software vendor) site on this issue, their response is use the one in your browser. Why reinvent the wheel? 

Easier means for newcomers to post photos

IPS  is dong a major product upgrade later this year/early 2015. It will include drag and drop file and photo uploads. 

This may, or may not, be relevant here but one thing I'd like to see is on the mobile version. When reading the forum on my computer I always use the "next unread post" link at the bottom of the thread to jump to the next thread and it's new posts. When catching up on the mobile version, on my iPhone, this option is not there. After reading through the thread I have to scroll up to the top so I can go back to the thread list and select the next thread topic and it's latest posts.

Merle

This may, or may not, be relevant here but one thing I'd like to see is on the mobile version. When reading the forum on my computer I always use the "next unread post" link at the bottom of the thread to jump to the next thread and it's new posts. When catching up on the mobile version, on my iPhone, this option is not there. After reading through the thread I have to scroll up to the top so I can go back to the thread list and select the next thread topic and it's latest posts.

Merle

Good news is with the 4.0 upgrade they will have a robust mobile offering for both phones and tablets. Are you currently using the IPS mobile client or a browser on your phone? 

From a moderator point of view, it would be nice to be able to move a post from a forum to the classified section.

I feel you pain. Unfortunately the classified software is a third party app and based on my discussions with them I doubt they will be adding that capability in the near future. 

Can we get this feature that sends you back to the top of the page with a click rather than scrolling back up after reading a thread?

"Go to top" is already enabled. At the bottom of the page in the center is a gray triangle pointing up. Mouse over and it turns red. Click and you go back to the top of the page. 

I'd like to see something on a new forum post besides the short main headline that indicates that a picture(s) or attachment is on a post before clicking on the post and deciding to bypass the post.

DJ

"Go to top" is already enabled. At the bottom of the page in the center is a gray triangle pointing up. Mouse over and it turns red. Click and you go back to the top of the page. 

Thanks, did not know that little devil was hiding down there below the ads :)  Now I just need to remember that it is there.

I post almost exclusively from my iPad (expanded format) or iPhone (mobile format). Uploading pics is a pain, due to the image file size size. Auto resizing of the file size would be cool. Other than that, quite pleased with the new site.

I agree with the auto resizing feature. I have some photos of car but haven't had time to figure out how to resize them for posting. Just spent 45 min. figuring it out to change my profile pic but I had to permanently resize photo. Now just have to figure out posting pics.

Don at this very second I am typing this is using the search function of the forum....a good way to spend time here on this forum might I add...

it is sad when the forum can tell more about what you are doing than your wife....lol

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I'm a picture kind of guy. The photo section is here is not very user friendly. Some of the photos are a great way to tell a story but finding them can be hard. I usually just stumble on them. It would be nice to comment or ask a question about a photo.

wdoland, on 14 Oct 2014 - 3:14 PM, said:

I'm a picture kind of guy. The photo section is here is not very user friendly. Some of the photos are a great way to tell a story but finding them can be hard. I usually just stumble on them. It would be nice to comment or ask a question about a photo.

I just pinged your very profile and under gallery you have two albums and in each album are zero pictures...this search took less than 5 seconds and in reality it does not get much easier than that...now granted that I cannot access your profile and go to setting and get your very list of pictures or documents you may have under the "manage attachment" tab...and if this is what you want...I am not sure but in my opinion would bet a privacy issue although the very picture may have been posted on the open forum but some pictures also displayed here are those sent in private to other members by way of PM..so yes privacy here is an issue...

There are 2 ways to post a photo. One using an on line host such as Photobucket and the other posting directly from your computer. Using the instructions posted for this web site I have learned how to do so very quickly. However it appears the posted instructions are not understood well by several folks. But if I can learn how to do this everyone else should be able to do so too. I will post an example.