Bully

Royhldn

On down shifting, you must increase the RPM'S of the engine, so don't try to down shiift at high speeds. Down shift only when the engine is starting to lug down, then clucch #1 , shift to neutra, raise the rpms, clutch #2 change the gear let out on the clutch and stay with the new higher rmps. It's the power of the RPMSS that you need, thus the down shift. If you have a non sycn tryanny, you don't event need the clutch.

If one understands how to do it shifting without using the clutch is possible with any transmission either with or without synchronized gearing in the transmission.

remember when my one buddy did this to me while I was driving my 93 Sunbird whilst in college!  Freaked me out at first, had no idea at the time that would work.  I'm too chicken to do it to my truck tho!

• 3 weeks later...

Look thru my build thread, my truck has as correct as I could get and I'm pretty sure I have the formulas in the thread.

http://p15-d24.com/topic/26461-ggdad1951-truck-project-montage-fef/?p=273064

http://p15-d24.com/topic/18897-pilothouse-wheel-color/?hl=%20dodge%20%20cream

I've been trying to hook up my wipers and can't seem to figure it out.  I have vac operated motor and linkages but keep running into interference from the defrost vents.  I'm assuming the parts I have go with the truck but not absolutely sure know since I'm having so much trouble.  Anyone have pics of what this should look like?  Thanks

Hank thanks for the pic it helped but I'm still having problems getting the wipers to work.  Motor works when I hook it up to the vacuum line but not when I add on the wiper mechanisms.  I'll keep working on it see if I can figure it out.  

Roy where you hidn,

O.K., here goes my "Boy Did I Get Lucky" photo and some useful information for you too. 

DSC_0007.jpg

I got very lucky to be able to buy this OEM in a box.

1. The Gasketing of the Vacuum Unit is as thin, detailed, and conmplicated as I've ever seen.Unless you have the original die, you are not X-Acto-ing anything (even from a scan).

2. Bob Ficken (Not Fricken Bob) purchased what remained of Trico some years back and makes a living restoring Vacuum Wiper Motors. He is the x-po-facto only guy (in the world?) that does this and he's very nice to deal with

2011-08-24_0759_zps9f923a74.png.

Hope this helps,

Hank  :)

Edited by HanksB3B

• 3 weeks later...

I bought dog dish style hubcaps from one of the members only to find out they will not fit the wheels on my truck.  So guess I need to know what type of wheel is correct.  Or better yet what type of wheel will accept the hubcaps?