1933 Plymouth PD. My 47 year search may be over

Reg Evans

I've been searching for my first car or one like it for many years and finally found one like it for sale.  I'm 17 again maybe !

I found it on Craigslist last Friday in Tacoma, Washington but the seller sold it to someone else the following morning before I had a chance to even make an offer.  OH NO !!!!! WAHHHHHHH !!!!!

Well, yesterday morning the seller called to say that the buyer had flaked out and I could buy it.  YAHOO ! :D

Here's a link to my first car and the new one. I can't seem to attach photos this morning.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/olddodges1/library/1933%20Plymouth%20PD?sort=3&page=1

• Like 2

Wathc yout typos.  I mean watch your typos.  I think you meant "..like you did your first one."   I proofread my missives before I laujnch then, I mean launch them. Most of the time.  

English has its unique own problems with how we read (reed) something, rather than how it was read (redd).  So I proofreed my missives.  Then there's lead (ledd) the metal and lead (leed) to direct.  

Oh, well, somehow e get by.  we get by. 

Don Coatney, on 19 Sept 2014 - 2:50 PM, said:

You need one of these to make it official.

Click here>>>>http://www.listia.com/auction/345514-vintage-stp-the-racers-edge-sticker

attachicon.gifstp.jpg

yeah...back in the day we always said it stood for STOP THAT PISTON....but we all knew it is actually ScientificallyTreated Petroleum....while younger at a theme park stuck one of these stickers on the side of a amusement ride  car...walking back by later a kid was telling the attendant he wanted to ride in the STP car....good for a laugh

Update........Affordable Transport is picking the '33 Plym up this Friday and will deliver to me either Sunday or Monday. :D

The owner confirmed that he bought the car from the original owner in late '57 and those tires were on it then.  He thinks he only put about 25,000 miles on it since then. The car is 700 miles from me and the transport is only $550 door to door. Very affordable ! So far I'll be in the market for new wide whites,original style carpeting and a passenger side taillight.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/olddodges1/media/1933%20Plymouth%20PD/33plymouth10_zpsa65348f0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

Update........Affordable Transport is picking the '33 Plym up this Friday and will deliver to me either Sunday or Monday. :D

The owner confirmed that he bought the car from the original owner in late '57 and those tires were on it then.  He thinks he only put about 25,000 miles on it since then. The car is 700 miles from me and the transport is only $550 door to door. Very affordable ! So far I'll be in the market for new wide whites,original style carpeting and a passenger side taillight.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/olddodges1/media/1933%20Plymouth%20PD/33plymouth10_zpsa65348f0.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

Congratulations on making the deal!

25,000 miles on bias ply tires? I've been getting closer to 10,000 miles on the new production tires in that size. And the new tires seem to need lots of balance weights which I did not have to use back in the '70s when I used Sears Allstate tires on the car. I guess tire quality for limited production collector sizes is not what it used to be.

I think N/C industries might have reproduction passenger tail lights. I'm very sure they have the stands, not as sure they have the buckets. Their contact information is on my vendors page at http://www.ply33.com/Parts/vendor

Kathy Schrak makes interior kits for the car, you might check and see if you can get the carpet from her. Contact information is on the same page.

Looks like a number of detail things are incorrect on the car which probably won't matter if you are using it as a tour, parade or just plain fun car. But the generator, carburetor, and coil are incorrect if you are going for judging. At least the block is a '33 or '34. Interesting plumbing for the heater return.

Thanks Don, Tod, Ralph and Neil.  Yeah, my plan is to do a mechanical and cosmetic cleanup of what's there and make sure it's safe and reliable and then follow that winged goddess hood ornament wherever she leads me.

Edited by Reg Evans

Dual side mounts, luggage carrier, that was a loaded up Plymouth in it's day.

Love it!   :D  Enjoy.

DJ

• Like 1