A Little "Warm" In Southern California Today...

mattimuss

Just a tad on the warm side today.  Worked out in the garage until a little after 11:30am,

felt like I had just went through a Krav class when I was done!

The A/C has been cycling continuously since 10am and it's still almost 87* in the house!

And tomorrow is supposed to be a repeat.

I'm starting to get flashbacks of Turkey, Texas and Florida.  Hasn't reached Saudi Arabia level yet...

How's everyone else fairing?

post-7025-0-83490800-1410735455_thumb.jpg

we staying hot also...feel your pain...it is a continuation of those HOT AUGUST NIGHTS here in Georgia...makes wanting to get out and work a bit almost a chore in itself...I just came in and got a shower after sandblasting this late afternoon..I wanted to get the bz cp hood sandblasted and 2/3 into the job a thunderstorm started brewing and I was not sure I would get finished in time..so I took no more breaks and got her done and put the dust collector in the building just as it started sprinkling..am glad that job is behind me...that was the last panel to sandblast.

currently 103 in Fresno, CA. The number of days 100 of + this summer is a record, like the 3" of rain from jan to Dec in 2013. So maybe this is Saudi Arabia East because we have sand as well, and if the cities keep taking our water, we might even have shooting!

Little hot here in Az. Also ..was outside at 6:30 this morning ,, had the tools put away and back in the house by 9:00 am ..hot and humid too much for me right now ....more flooding and wet weather by Wednesday ... some storm coming in off coast of Mexico ...hope we don't get another 5" of rain in just a few hours .. more rain so far this year than we have all season ....

Friday or Sat. morning I scraped ice off the windshield before heading to work. It had rained during the night and what would have been a touch of frost became a thin layer office.

Ice outdoors in September? We don't get rain til mid October which is why this is the only place on planet earth where raisins are sun dried. Thus the name, "SUN MAID" interesting pun and logo known the world over.

• 2 weeks later...

Still 103 deg. Feels like a sauna ..if I'm not outside by 6:00 am ,,,not going to get outside ...

A few more weeks ,,temp will drop to 70's then I CAN work outside all day ,, if I WANT to ...

We had the first (I hope first and not only) winter type frontal system of the year out of the Gulf of Alaska last night with some light rain. Enough to wash the dust off the leaves and freshen the air but not much more.

I guess most of the people who visit the local open space are fair weather walkers or bicyclists and this light rain chased them off: There was only one car in the parking lot when I got there for my constitutional this morning. Saw a pair of turkeys at fairly close range (there is a flock that I see fairly often but only at a distance) and a buck and a doe were trail side, probably not more than 10 feet from me. Did not startle too badly, just watched me. I guess they are usually further from the trails because of people walking their dogs. I haven't checked the rules, but being that unafraid of people leads me to think hunting is banned in that area.

Western NY has been awesome this entire week, and it's sposed to be nice all weekend, too.  Getting an entire week of beautiful weather around here is very rare.  50s in the morning, low to mid 70s during the day, light breeze, with just a few "Simpsons clouds".  This is my favorite time of the year.  Took the ol' D24 to work yesterday and today.  Now I have to concentrate on work, and not outdoors, although in this line of work, I think I'll be taking it outdoors later because I can.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!