Stuck water tube

Mattias78

If you have the head off, spray a lubricant like PB Blaster in the bolt holes that reach the back of the water tube.  Allow time for it to soak.  You can even make your own concoction, I like a 50/50 mix of acetone and AT fluid.  Give it time and then use a bent rod in a slide hammer to work it out.  This job will not be quick or easy if it has been in there for a long time.  When using the search function use the term "water distribution tube".

Edited by 48mirage

The "search" function on this site is not all that friendly when I try to use it.

Not enough words---   zip.

More words---  more results. Like over 200 threads to sort through.

Then you need to skip over the posts about dog poop.

Here is a good thread.

http://p15-d24.com/topic/32716-the-sword-in-the-stone-a-water-distribution-tube-adventure/?hl=%2Bdistribution+%2Bremoval#entry344638

• Like 1

Hopefully your WDT is still in one piece. Slide hammer or vise grips will work well.

Mine was very badly rusted and was in pieces. About 15 pieces. This condition makes for a much bigger job. I had to pull the head and fish chunks up out the water jackets. This was my baptism by fire into the world of mopar flatheads. You will probably be luckier.

Jeff