Box Gettin Spruced Up

55 Fargo

• 2 weeks later...

That is looking real nice. I bet you feel pretty happy with the results. :)

Jeff

Thanx jeff, yes am happy for the most part. I am my own worst critic, I feel it could be much better, but at what time and expense. I did all the work, but this truck was beat.

Looks really nice. You do good work. I think those wheels would look nice painted black with some baby moon hubcaps.

Thanx, it looks much better in pics and from 20 feet away. It is a very low budget amateur job.

The box I stripped and sanded, shot on 4 coats of alkyd primer, allowed a short cure time 2-3 days, quick sand with 320 on the outside of the box and shot on 2 coast of very cheap custom tinted modified alkyd enamel, cut with straight xylene and generic wet look acrylic enamel hardener...very el cheapo, very amateur quality work, but it is cleaned up and 1 color....

Number 3 picture makes the box look darker then the cab, is that the case or just the light?

just the lighting and the cab is dusty....the paint is a 100% match, home hardware paint mixer.......LOL the new paint is fresh and slightly shinier.....

At the time I replaced the wood floor with 3/4 inch Fir Ply, did need to make that centre strip into 1, thuse the little piece of oak. I need to find another strip and paint to match.

The strips were quite beat up, but sanded them and painted.... The truck is just a "3 dressed up as a 9"......LOL