`46 dodge front brakes

rivera11

my `46 Dodge sat a while as we replaced the clutch etc. then I drove it on my lawn to wash ans right front wheel locked..master cyliwas empy, I filled it and found one of the springs on right front wheel was broken.Replaced by  2  I bought from Andy  Bernbaum, they were a little shorter but they said that they were the replacement parts, but now the fron wheel locks up when  I apply the brakes..Any advice what to look for would be good.  I  know that I have to bleed  brakes but not too sure about how to readjust the brakes

it is apparent that you have a leak somewhere for the master to be empty.....contaminated shoes will grab.did you inspect the cylinder for leakage by removing the dust cover?  any sign of fluid on the bottom of the shoes or for that matter discolored drum due to wet with fluid..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

If the springs are shorter that the original then the shoes would be held back with tighter force then the originals. So the issue that you think you have with the springs causing the issue to lock up the brakes would seem not to be the issue. Since the springs are shorter then the  action of the spring should pull the shoes back from the drum and not have them stick to the drum.

Check the entire brake system for leaks and also check the specific wheel that is having an issue for leaks.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com