Patina for sure

MBF

I love to see nice original cars and trucks.. especially like the truck above  .............with out the mention of PATINA

That word is so over used. Should only be used on the copper cladding on Lady liberty.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I agree......patina and barn find are words that cause me to close the page and move along....barn find would only interest me if I should find a barn available for me to store a few cars in for awhile...I much rather hear the word "survivor" in describing a vehicle in USED condition...

• Like 2

Old historic ghost towns in the Eastern Sierras are said to be in a state of "arrested decay."  Maybe that's how you describe it.

Whatever you call it, well loved old trucks are just flat cool.  Freshly painted and hot rodded ones ain't bad either!  And come to think of it, I have shot my share of primer bombs just to get the junk to at least one color so it looked presentable to the neighbors.  

Now, fake patina....  

Tim,

When your time comes how many "barn finds" will you leave behind.??

When and if you have some time -have your relatives move as many as possible into your storage areas, then wait A bit then drop a lot of dirt over them which will increase their inheritances!!

Wishing you well and hoping that time mentioned is a Long time off!!  ?

Sincerely, hope it all stays as making fun.

I only have one backyard "barn find" (1950 Plymouth 4 dr.) that gets A lot of dirt/leaves/dust. Does that make it a Barn find??

May some Relatives can build a quick/cheap shed and make it a expensive "shed find?"...?

DJ

tomorrow I retrieve another vehicle  to place on site not that anyone is concerned or counting......and yes, my barn is full and locked....!!!   how many I leave behind is no concern to me now or down the road...two train of thoughts here, first they are mine and they bring me happiness having them....second, the kids will learn first hand what it is like to have to pick up behind someone...it was murder getting them to clean their rooms.....payback is a mother...they want their inheritance...they going to work for it...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Los_Control said:

My Uncle got a preview, neighbors complaining and code enforcement showed up.

Kids drove 200 miles and started hauling everything straight to the scrappers.

Just because you love them, does not mean your kids will.

you missed the single fact I stated in my response above....they bring me joy having them...I could care less what it may or may not do for them.....as an added note, none will be barn finds as they are neither lost or abandoned...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 2

At one point a few years ago I had a clean 04 durango, decent looking mild custom 73 swinger, rowdy but straight 72 demon, and my 54 C-series in my driveway. The garage at the top of the driveway had a shovel head harley, an evo softail, a sharp bmw 1000 cafe, and a clean ‘05 ninja liter bike. Ok so it was seven years ago- now I have a kid who’s 6 and only three or four  cars and one bike ;)

My neighbor shared our double wide driveway and one day I saw some punk had broken the rear window of his work van. Like any good neighbor and in truth not totally unselfishly (who wants broken glass around?) I swept up the mess on his side as soon as I saw it. 

He must have seen me cleaning it on his security cam because that night he came and thanked me for doing it. He seemed really awkward about it and I didn’t know why- I’m friendly and a responsable adult it seemed like the kind of thing any person who was raised right would do and not a big deal. 

Little did I know that while he was an elevator mechanic and had a broke down jeep behind his fenced in yard (normal working guy right?) his sheltered closed minded mall fashion middle class snob wife had convinced him that the grease monkey biker tattoo artist scumbag hotrodder next door with the junkyard for a driveway was the reason they couldn’t sell their house. By the way they had already turned down bids because she wouldn’t sell to Indians...

It turns out he felt bad that I had shown friendly neighborlyness because they had already reported me to his wife’s friend at the township for having a driveway full of old dangerous junk. 

Here’s the fun part- By the time the inspectors came around there was over a foot of snow on the ground and I was only driving my 4wd durango and keeping the salt off my old treasures. I had to spend over an hour digging out my other cars which all ran, drove, and had registration, inspection, and insurance. I received no fines or warnings or anything- just an inconvenience and a new burning hate for my neighbors. 

The guy across the street had three ‘59 caddies in various states of returning to the earth under cheap canopies, slightly hidden by his refusal to attend to his landscaping. His neighbor had $$ and a big landscaping or building company- his chevy II racecar would raise the dead when he started it and threw his gravel driveway all over trying to drive it onto the trailer with a 5000 stall converter. 

You can do whatever you want on your own property until somebody starts complaining about you. I have had bad luck with neighbors in the past but good luck keeping all my projects either on the road or safely away from prying eyes. 

My current truck project I am super happy that it looks like a truck again and the old chassis and dakota wreck are long gone...

good trip up and back....no rain, was able to by-pass an accident on the interstate and keep moving on the parallel secondary road then back on the slab and on to home....number of thumbs up, honks and gas station greetings that is common when pulling an old car.....always makes for a fun time.

• Like 1