Patina for sure

MBF

I got a call about this Sunday evening from a relative of a person I worked with almost 20 yrs ago.  He had remembered that I was in to old Dodges and had seen my 49 1 ton when I got it in 85.   Anyway, he told me he had this 46 2 ton dump for sale that had been sitting in a barn for many years.   I wasn't, but went to look at it anyway.   It's now sitting in my driveway.  Everything, and I mean everything on this truck works-even the fuel guage.  It has new brakes all the way around, and new king pins.  The interior is complete with all of the original panels in very nice shape.  The sheet metal is extremely solid.  The only issue I can see is a stuck intake valve that I'll be working on.  I'm not going to restore this one.   This will be cleaned up, preserved, and used.   And she'll be going back inside.post-69-0-93890500-1409135858_thumb.jpgpost-69-0-62331100-1409135893_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Been doing some cleaning and painting to preserve the patina.  Boy she runs nice, and everything works except for the horn, and that'll be fixed shortly.post-69-0-21888900-1410741686_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

I don't know if that's white paint or bondo at the bottom of the doors.  Whatever it is, I'd keep going till I hit steel at least somewhere.  Bright colors may mean she thinks it ought to get painted,  instead of left in camo.

Edited by Dave72dt
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Just glanced at the Words take started this thread and thought it said "patina for sale" instead of Patina for sure.

Maybe someone could design some of that vinyl made for wrapping colors on vehicles that mimic patina!

Copy right the designs and make a fortune!?

First in line???

DJ

The styling of that truck is just amazing compared to the ho-hum aerodynamic chrome plated plastic pickups of today. The idea of a truck like that sitting on a Ram 3500 diesel 4x4 chassis is really starting to grow on me.  Modern engineering hidden under vintage iron just makes perfect daily driver material in my mind.

My current DD is truly a marvel of modern reliability, comfort and quality but I might as well be driving a Kenmore refrigerator...boring and exactly the same as everyone else.