1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe - Power driver seat

Mike

Sorry to ask this,I tried to search for this first. I am about to rewire the 48 to full 12v. I'm curious if a power driver seat is common in these cars. I also searched the net couldn't really find info on it. 

Most front seats were a manual adjustment with the small knob or lever that was along the side of the drivers side of the front seat.  If you have a power seat than this would have been added by someone.  So is this an option I doubt it but I might be wrong.  Did you install the pwer assisted driver seat and now you are going to install the 12 volt system and hook up the seat to work on the use of a power switch?

Rich HArtung.

I just got the car a month ago and ive been trying to learn as much about them as possible. Its already part 12v its gpt battery and alt for 12 v and I think most of the lights have been switch to 12v as well. I was wondering if indeed they had power seats might be easy to tell if its 12v or 6v motor. Mine has a power seat in it. Thats why I asked

Edited by hflmike21

sounds as though you got a car that was being upgraded along the way...maybe a call back to the man you got it from is in order.   he could bring you up to speed not only on what is powered by which voltage but all important information on what items he resourced for the upgrades in case you need to repair these items in the future..

I do suggest you read everything in the reference section of this webpage found on the tool bar at the top of the page. This will give you an idea of what your car was when it left the factory and what few options were offered. I suspect from the paint job in your avatar that your car is far from stock.

What engine/transmission/differential is in your car? Does your car run and drive? I must assume that the wiring in your car is original. The more information you supply about your car the better the answers you will get for your questions.

I also suggest you buy a parts and service manual for your car. The better informed you are, the better your questions and responses.

Add yourself to the members map found on the above mentioned toolbar as there may be other owners in your area who can assist you.

This link may also be helpful.

http://www.motorera.com/history/hist11.htm

The first adjustable driver's seat was offered in the 1914 Maxwell. The 1921 Hudson had sliding bench seats as standard equipment. Buick, in 1946, gave motorists the first optional 2-way power seat, and the 1953 Lincoln had the first optional 4-way power seat.

I do suggest you read everything in the reference section of this webpage found on the tool bar at the top of the page. This will give you an idea of what your car was when it left the factory and what few options were offered. I suspect from the paint job in your avatar that your car is far from stock.

What engine/transmission/differential is in your car? Does your car run and drive? I must assume that the wiring in your car is original. The more information you supply about your car the better the answers you will get for your questions.

I also suggest you buy a parts and service manual for your car. The better informed you are, the better your questions and responses.

Add yourself to the members map found on the above mentioned toolbar as there may be other owners in your area who can assist you.

This link may also be helpful.

http://www.motorera.com/history/hist11.htm

The first adjustable driver's seat was offered in the 1914 Maxwell. The 1921 Hudson had sliding bench seats as standard equipment. Buick, in 1946, gave motorists the first optional 2-way power seat, and the 1953 Lincoln had the first optional 4-way power seat.

Most is stock, still has stock drums all around It has the 6l and 3 on the tree, there is an overdrive handle but I have yet to crawl under it and really look other than checking the frame and seeing if I was lucky enough that they did disc conversion but they didn't. I'm ordering the parts to rebuild the master cylinder today due to no brakes when you hit the peddle, I figured Id start there then work my way to the wheel cylinders. I can take some more pictures for the hell of it if people are interested in seeing anything like dash setup or engine bay. I already bought the parts and service manual from amazon. that's one of the first things I did to get familiar with it. 

The wiring is a mix of original and new, The wires for the starter and starter relay have the protective shield is pealing off. Dont want that crap to arch into a fireball.

Okay from the replies and websites it looks like the seat is aftermarket. 

Glad you got a manual. There are lots of threads on brake repairs/upgrades. A forum search should net good results. Conversion to disc brakes is not difficult and may cost less than repairs to the stock setup.

I am in the process of re-wiring my P-15. I bought a harness from Rebel. Google them.

Click here for my progress.>>>>> http://p15-d24.com/topic/36548-time-to-re-wire/?hl=rebel

P7160002.jpg

Nice, I got mine through EZwiring, its a standard 12 circuit. From all that I've read its comparable to the painless and that if you downloaded the painless 12 circuit instructions its better than the supplied EZwiring instructions. 

Edited by hflmike21