Rear Brake Drums

Patrick

Unfortunately one of them has a hairline crack in it so I don't think it would be wise to continue using it. Is there a good aftermarket option? I want to keep my truck as original as possible but safety trumps that!

Call Hagen's in Puyallup. I've been told they have used Dodge parts along with new.

http://hagensautoparts.com/

The guy there said these drums were hard to find 30 years ago...that doesn't make me feel real confident about this. If I am unable to find replacements what is my next option? Do I have to get a different rear end for the truck?

Patrick;

As I mentioned in an earlier post some of the 3/4 ton specific parts are a bit difficult to source. These drums are specific to 3/4 ton model trucks. You are going to need to be patient and persistent if you want to stay with the stock parts. They are out there but much harder to source than 1/2 ton stuff. I swapped in a different rear axle and traded my 3/4 ton parts to another member.

Hang in there though. The 3/4 ton trucks have an advantage over some of the other models. 116" is probably the optimum wheelbase and as a result they have a really nice ride in stock form.

Jeff