Tribute truck concept pic

Well I'm no artist, but I'd thought I would take a shot at making a pic of how the project could look. Hijacked a pic online Sorry if it was your LOL but Here it is The Decals I have are much better than what I could make up with the computer program. Not a big two tone fan, but alot of the Indian bikes of the era where 2 tone. and I have a lot of different colors on the real decals that would not show up on solid paint jobs of some colors. If anyone is talented at the paint stuff on the computer or has a better sense of color let me know still open to suggestions

Color limitations  that I have to deal with are the seats are black, extra tank bright red, and running lights are a cream color and letters on the Indian decal are red  

post-5888-0-79421400-1408236260_thumb.jpg

since the posted  engine fit pics were taken  the cab  also has been blasted and primed. Lots of body work in my future. Fixed the wiper problem but reversing the mount of a Newport Engineering  unit, and solved the steering clearance issues. Well that's all that is new for now.....

post-5888-0-66998200-1408236357_thumb.jpg

post-5888-0-33431200-1408236433_thumb.jpg

My 0.02 worth...

Lose the black front fenders

Not a fan of your tire selection, just don't work with this vintage of truck.

If you want to do the black vendor accent I would limit it to the side of the fender and extend it to bottom half of the door.  (Ala Spring Special)  

I agree with post #2 on the wheels, just don't appeal to me. I would add a rear bumper and paint it black. That will extend the length of the truck. Lower it 2" and that makes the truck look longer too. IMHO

Very nice work in that engine compartment.

Told you I was no artist LOL.

Those fenders are supposed to be dark burgundy. As for running the paint thru the door like a spring special  tried it once and the decal on the door did not show well.  Working on the pic somehow distorted length  The  real Truck does have a Black Bumper I was working off a pick of another truck.  Like you, not to sure on wheels  agree may be not enough of a vintage look tried a Resto-mod look since of all the changes. will keep looking and listening to Ideas  Thanks

The engine compartment has a alot to do yet brake lines wiren ect  but is coming along   and due to the fact used old mopar 360 with all the old style contol box and balast resistor volt regulator ect there goes the clean fire wall look lol

yah, those wheels.....shudder...

Maybe instead of going the spring special paint route, you pull the black down in a curve on the front fender avoiding the door?

Artists don't ask others how to "create" their work, do what you like, others may like it, some may not, if they don't it's their problem. Some like on this forum like "bone stock", some like some 'rodded" modified look, as in the wheels.

I like the picture, you decide, it's your "ride".....

You might want to study how a Spring Special was "done-up" at the factory. I think incorporating the Indian (eliptical artwork) would work very well with the eliptical; paint bonndaries of the Spring Special. I like your idea. Doing it in Photoshop wil go a long way at getting the balance and proportions of your graphics just right ! Personally I'd work with a softer color pallette and might combine try to combine at least one color maybe two close to original paint from either the Mopar Car Colors and Mopar Truck colors.    

I encourage your efforts, looking forward to seeing the results,

Go for it !

Hank :)  

and yes ixnay on the wheelsay 

Edited by HanksB3B

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Sorry if I struck a nerve by asking others. sometimes I get One idea stuck in my head and can't seam to open my mind to see other things As for the wheels LOL Ok had the pic of wheels handy on the computer and it did not work out so well.  If you have any wheel pics of wheels that might come in 5x4.75 bolt pattern  I'll try to make up a pick to see how they look and post it. (Yes I made a mistake ordering Mustang II front end rotors and the rear had adapters on it. As for the colors Very open minded liked Hanks Suggestion of the softer colors and also looked at just painting the front fender wheel well bump out, but  but was trying to get a contrasting color so the cream colored indian face would show up better. just having a hard time with my imagination right now.

My suggestion was in jest, I appreciate creativity. I would suggest you find a side view picture and print it out in gray scale. I do this a lot, run a dozen copies, half page, then get some good color pens and experiment. It's faster than the computer and your previous idea(S) are retained.

Final note, a rear bumper, 15" rims, and 2" lowering front and back and that truck will look very different. I also always draw a elliptical circle around the bottom of the picture, amazing how that gives the truck perspective. 

Good luck and have fun experimenting. 

Did you see this truck I posted in my WPC thread last month? It's not quite the same, but may give you some ideas.

P7124285_zps15108186.jpg

Never mine my grumpy looking Girlfriend in this pic. Not sure about that look. Probably didn't like me pointing the camera at her. LOL!

P7124288_zps1146ac00.jpg

And this is what he had stashed in the back.

P7124286_zpsab214670.jpg

Edited by Merle Coggins