Plastic on 41 - 48 Chrysler dash boards?

MarcDeSoto

Many years ago, in the 80s, a man I knew bought a 39 Chrysler that needed all of the plastic redone.  It had plastic on the dash and even the window frames I think.  He had it done by a plastic shop and it it looked like new.  Are there still shops that can repro decorative plastic dashboards, as on the 41-48 Chryslers? 

Piece by piece on Ebay is one source.

Or maybe contact Dennis Bickford in NM-Ph #(575) 443-1160. He restores Town and Countries and is the #1 guy that would know about where to find the plastic dash pieces and lots more on 1941-50 Chryslers.

Someone was making new glove box doors up till a couple years ago.

Plastic is tough to find.I own a couple C39 chryslers but lucky the plastic is good.

Bob

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

The plastic on my 40 has all shrivelled up in the sun. I did see someone a few years ago make the trim using plywood sprayed with a 2 pack enamel. I'm thinking of drawing up the parts in a CAD package and getting it made on a 3D printer. I don't think the current domestic models have good enough resolution at the moment, but by the time I'm ready,things should got a lot better.

Rick

• 2 years later...

I know that this post is quite old but I was facing the same issues with the plastics on my son's 1940 Chrysler Royal. Ended up having to make them myself with plexyglass. Also had to redo the instrument panel but that is another story. Working on the glove compartment (almost done) and the trims for the instrument panel.

dash after.jpg

dash before.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/24/2017 at 10:53 AM, chrysler1941 said:

What parts do you need?

My car is an Arizona car so body was great but interior got cooked. So I would like to find all the marbled plastic for the doors and dash steering wheel.

1471295902293 (520x293).jpg

On 2/25/2017 at 11:34 PM, 1949 Goat said:

My car is an Arizona car so body was great but interior got cooked. So I would like to find all the marbled plastic for the doors and dash steering wheel.

1471295902293 (520x293).jpg

I'll take some pictures of what I have extra. But they are for a 4 door

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2017 at 0:19 AM, chrysler1941 said:

too bad. Please post some pics of engine bay, might be some of the missing parts

The car is a basket case. They started the resto and stopped. New engine and all new suspension parts. Even has the no FD 3 speed.

Edited by countrytravler
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...