1947 dodge 3 window business coupe rusted floors

Hi,am new to the forum,hi everyone.I live in Australia and have just bought a 1947 dodge 3 window business coupe imported from over your way.It is from Arizona and is sunburnt but rust free besides the floors.I was wondering if anyone knows if the business coupe floors are the same as the sedans? I am onto a company called classic2Current fabrications ,but they are unsure as well,thanks in advance if anyone can help,cheers

My experience with C2C is this:  If I had to do the floors again, I would get some 18 gauge and fab them myself.  I bought a toe board and the the panel that goes right behind it.  Needed A LOT of work to make things fit.

I fabbed the opposite floor.  Much easier then working with the c2c stuff.....and cheaper.  How much of your floor is rotton?  How's the body mounts?  Good luck Mate!

• Like 1

The front floors are probably the worst,combination of moist vinyl floor mat and a leaking heater.The body mounts are not very good either.I just saw c2c prices and I have a buddy over there at present bringing home some more cars and he was going to throw the floor pans in the trunk of one of the cars.Thanks for the advice on the fit ment of their pans,perhaps I will make them up myself,cheers,kelly

Where are you located Kelly? I have a friend who is restoring his 48 Desoto 4-door sedan just south of Brisbane. If you are close to Brisbane I'm sure that I could arrange a meeting for you, or alternatively I could attend his place and take photos/measurements for you.

Hi,am new to the forum,hi everyone.I live in Australia and have just bought a 1947 dodge 3 window business coupe imported from over your way.It is from Arizona and is sunburnt but rust free besides the floors. . . 

Having been raised in southern Arizona I can say that a lot of rusty cars were driven to Arizona when their owners moved into the state. Won't be a rust free car unless it spent its whole life there. And if the floors are rusty it probably did not spend its whole life in Arizona.

Hmmm. On second thought, that is true for the major metropolitan areas like Phoenix and Tucson. But about 1/3 of Arizona is actually forested mountains where there can be significant snow in the winter. I can't recall if the Arizona state highway department uses (or used) salt, so I guess you could have a rusty Arizona car. Just as you can have a rusty California car if it came from either the mountains or the beach areas.

Chrysler Dodge and DeSoto 1946-48 floor stampings are the same and if you study them carefully you will see they are stamped for pillar and center post different positions between 4 door, coupe ect.

The front floor for converts is unique though. Trunk floors are different for the long 3 pass coupes too.

I sold a complete floor from a 1946 chrysler 2 door sedan the buyer needed to fix floors in a 48 Town and Country.

Bob

Hi,I am located near Byron Bay,but I travel up the coast regularly.Would love to get in contact with your friend near Brisbane.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Although the floors are rusted,the trunk floor is excellent and the rest of the body/chassis firewall great.If I can work out how to list a photo,I will do so for everyone.Have already ordered a head from Earl Edgerton and got it running after 53 years.Do I need to say that the brakes need some work,but what a wonderful body shape,cheers,kelly

I had a chat with Kelly (dodgehomeandaway) today and promised him that I would post some pictures of his car here for all to enjoy (see attached).

Welcome aboard Kelly - and great looking car by the way!

post-3915-0-47149200-1406975672_thumb.jpg

post-3915-0-06612900-1406975679_thumb.jpg

post-3915-0-83313200-1406975684_thumb.jpg

post-3915-0-53713200-1406975690_thumb.jpg

post-3915-0-82552800-1406975698_thumb.jpg

post-3915-0-66002200-1406975705_thumb.jpg

post-3915-0-62005000-1406975714_thumb.jpg

Edited by Desotodav