flywheel weight for 230?

Rob

I just bought a new flywheel from vintage power wagon i have been told i probable need to cut some weight off of it, because they are for trucks. 

any one know what the car flywheel weight is? 

In my opinion, unless you are building a circle track race car, there will not be much advantage in trimming weight off the flywheel. With a heavier flywheel you will be less prone to stalling the engine on take off. You will lose a bit of acceleration as it takes a bit longer to spin the engine up to speed but it is doubtful you will ever notice the difference in normal driving.

What you do need to look at is the flange on the flywheel to insure it the same as the one you are replacing. Is the new flywheel an 8 bolt? Is your crankshaft 4 bolt? An 8 bolt flywheel will bolt up to a 4 bolt crankshaft but the bolt holes are not symmetrical and you must find the right combination for all 4 bolts to fit. Then you need to insure that the starter/flywheel relationship is the same as it was with the original flywheel as there may or may not be a difference in the flange thickness.