49 B1B Frame Swap

I have a 2001 2nd Gen 3500 with the L6 Cummins that has a trashed interior, rotted floors and horrible wiring that runs and drives good and has a solid frame. I also happen to have a pretty solid '49 B1 pilothouse that has a seized up engine and rotten frame and floors but solid cab. I'm thinking about taking the cab from the '49, frame the floors out and run some cab mounts to swap it onto the '01. I'm gonna get one of those "painless" wiring harnesses and rewire the truck in the process. That should help alot with keeping everything wired to the ECU. To get it a little wider I am gonna put some custom running boards and beefy exhaust stacks on either side. Then I will just figure a way to extend the fenders and button them on so I can get them off if needed. The good news is I can definitely fabricate and weld. It should be a fun but slightly more manageable project, forgoing the actual widening of the entire body. Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Justin said:

I have a 2001 2nd Gen 3500 with the L6 Cummins that has a trashed interior, rotted floors and horrible wiring that runs and drives good and has a solid frame. I also happen to have a pretty solid '49 B1 pilothouse that has a seized up engine and rotten frame and floors but solid cab. I'm thinking about taking the cab from the '49, frame the floors out and run some cab mounts to swap it onto the '01. I'm gonna get one of those "painless" wiring harnesses and rewire the truck in the process. That should help alot with keeping everything wired to the ECU. To get it a little wider I am gonna put some custom running boards and beefy exhaust stacks on either side. Then I will just figure a way to extend the fenders and button them on so I can get them off if needed. The good news is I can definitely fabricate and weld. It should be a fun but slightly more manageable project, forgoing the actual widening of the entire body. Thoughts?

I have been thinking about this as well, i have a nice running 94 2500 4wd. 
but im thinking about widening the cab. I havent done any figuring yet, as its 3 projects down the rabbit hole. 
Remove rear window and frame. Cut top of cab into 3 pieces, rear of cab below window in two straight down through floor, to fit 94 floor and cowl. Retains all electrics and dash. 
either way its a daunting task.