50 Desoto-wheel offset/changing wheels

50desotocoupe

I think I am going to change my wheels/tires on my Desoto from the existing Salt Flats to chrome reverse and wide whites. 

Does anyone know the stock offset for the factory steel wheels? 

Also, what are your opinions on the potential change?  One picture is with the Salt Flats, the next is what was photoshopped with the chrome reverse.  Thoughts?

post-6108-0-38599400-1405344241_thumb.jpg

post-6108-0-68587700-1405344255_thumb.jpg

Wheel vintiques makes a steel and CR smoothie.  You can order by diameter width and back space.  The factory back space is 3.5in.  I got s set of their smoothies from Summit for less than direct from WVitiques.  They were unpainted 5 inch wide 15's with 4 inch backspace.  They are dual pattern rims ie GM ford mopar supported.  I found that the alignment pin on my drums fit through one of the unused GM lug holes without issue.  They will not accept stock hubcaps so I run them painted with trim rings and baby moons.  You can see several pictures of my car in the Northeast Gathering thread.

I do not believe you can go past the 4 inch back space without running spacers.  some have mentioned here runnig Mopar police spec wheels with no problems and i think those are 7 inches wide.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.  I want to go with 15" stock backspacking.  I have the wheel discs so the pin won't be a problem.  I think I will sell the Salt Flats once the car comes back from the interior shop since they have zero miles on them since mounting the tires. 

Yep, you sold me.  I just need to measure the stock wheels and determine the offset and go from there.  I will advertise the Salt Flats in the classifieds when I get the car back and tires swapped.  They are brand new...literally not driven one mile...arghh.....

Wheel vintiques makes a steel and CR smoothie.  You can order by diameter width and back space.  The factory back space is 3.5in.  I got s set of their smoothies from Summit for less than direct from WVitiques.  They were unpainted 5 inch wide 15's with 4 inch backspace.  They are dual pattern rims ie GM ford mopar supported.  I found that the alignment pin on my drums fit through one of the unused GM lug holes without issue.  They will not accept stock hubcaps so I run them painted with trim rings and baby moons.  You can see several pictures of my car in the Northeast Gathering thread.

I do not believe you can go past the 4 inch back space without running spacers.  some have mentioned here runnig Mopar police spec wheels with no problems and i think those are 7 inches wide.

I to need to get new rims and have no idea the factory back space I need would that 3.5" be the same for a 1950 Dodge wayfarer business coupe?