how many were made?

southbound dee

Im not having any luck finding out how many dodge wayfarer 3 window 2door business coupes were made in 1950. I was told when I got the car that the numbers were low and these cars are rare....any info would be greatly appreciated...

• Like 1

actually I find your statement that you not having any luck finding the production numbers very hard to believe....if you were to type into  Yahoo search engine you get the results in the second link provided....I did it and learned the answer in <20 seconds...

people here are very willing to help when there is a real question for a bit of hard to find info or for clarification to a vaguely written repair procedure and such but for common basics like this you need to be a bit more proactive..you actually selling yourself short for the very article will tell you a ton about your car and get you up to speak speed quickly

and never mind about telling me to keep it moving...trust me I know when my time is fruitlessly spent

• Like 2

im sorry i wasnt born a mopar guy and a whiz with the computer,just trying to learn a little about this neat car i got. and if you knew the answer to my question why didnt you just tell me instead of being a jerk about it...

• Like 1

7500 of them.

There will be a information search fee of $7.50 if you think that is really low production!

Not high but not real low. ;)

• Like 1

Never licked a tootsie roll. Three bites and they are gone!

Licked a 50 chevy with my 51 cranbrook though.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 1

A couple of points to all the participants in this thread.

First and foremost, lets keep things civil. There are a couple of posts here that are close to crossing the line.

If you are looking for information, please use the search facility before posting. Repeated questions, even from new members, can be a sore point for members who have been on the board for a while and are tired of answering the same questions over and over.

And for members who have been on the board a while, be kind to new members. The old adage about if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything comes to mind.

For everyone, if some posts really annoys you. Please refrain from escalating the situation.

• Like 2

im sorry i wasnt born a mopar guy and a whiz with the computer,just trying to learn a little about this neat car i got. and if you knew the answer to my question why didnt you just tell me instead of being a jerk about it...

first off, welcome to the forum, I have to say I think it has nothing to do with being a jerk at all, I am thinking it has everything to do with this is another thread asking others to do the search's for you. Both threads were extremely easy subject matter to find tons of info if someone had the slightest inkling to want to participate. I understand, its easier to post a question and hope someone takes the time to write down a huge answer that could have easily be found with very little effort.

Its not about shunning forum participation, its all about helping those that help themselves.

I wish you luck with your car, but real world, you sound like you could care less about, while on the other hand, these forum members do care very much about these cars and are more than willing to help. Help does not constitute doing the work for you, sorry.

BTW, Mr. Don is a walking manual, treat him with respect and the pages might yield what ya need.

Edited by Conroe Powdercoating

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes some of us old guys like to add a little spice to the forum to keep it from being boring. There really is a lot of knowledge here to be had, a few good natured jabs wiil happen but don't let it deter you. Now if you want to get some blood boiling just say your thinking about installing the best engine ever built, a small block Chevy, in your car. Believe it or not some on this site find this sort of stuff offensive. It mistifies me as to why, but I can tell you from experience it can happen. But I'm old and like to stir the pot just to see if anyone is sleeping. But stay with it lots of help to be had here. :eek:  :D

It's really simple for me...anytime some one mentions dropping a chevy into their mopar, I  just think about it and know they are not a "real" mopar guy to begin with and ignore them.

By the way guys...the old saw about having a 350 lying around so that's what I put in it doesn't cut it either.........Real mopar dudes don't have that crap at the shop.

• Like 1

My free advice to Mr. Southbound is:   you may not be a computer whiz, but you probably should spend some time

experimenting with finding information about your old car on the internet.  There is a ton of interesting stuff out

there.  I'm no genius, so if I can do it.....you can too.  

Otherwise, welcome to the forum and good luck with your Dodge.  

I found this info by using Google and typing in "how many 1950 dodge wayfarer convertibles were made".........and

the answer contained in a How Stuff Works article was:      With 1950 model-year production of approximately 75,000, Wayfarer appeal was well up from 1949. But fewer than 3,000 of them were ragtops,    (I had a convert wayfarer in the 1970s, which I sold.)

DSC09408.jpg

Edited by BobT-47P15
  • Like 1

Good grief! i dont know where to begin.

First off to Southbound Dee, I havent made it thru the hazing process yet either, nor understand it fully, nor care to.  you are completly in the right.  they did the same thing to me.  In regards to your your car, there is not one thing mrdon knows that a whole slew of others dont know.  Sadly it is true, google is faster than read "shiverly" 12 times. your question required a 4 digit answer, 7500(doesnt take a whole bunch of time to type that response).  Some people know this of the top of there head, some could point you in the direction if they didnt, but instead...."shiverley".  if you ask him to move on....well, here comes the calvery. Next PlyAdam chimes in with "dont you know where to look, your so stuiped, oh my ga." (Paraphrased of course) Quoted directly if you perfer "and never mind about telling me to keep it moving...trust me I know when my time is fruitlessly spent" Snarky, Jerky, Rude,...all good adjectives to describe such a post or the poster in my book.  Then Todfich comes in with "civil", he gets it though "And for members who have been on the board a while, be kind to new members. The old adage about if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything comes to mind."  you couldnt call him a jerk without him saying something on your thread first, and something snarky at that.  C Powdercoat, "I understand, its easier to post a question and hope someone takes the time to write down a huge answer that could have easily be found with very little effort." 4 didgts ,7500. and its not a little effort if you are starting at the top.  like anoying parrot,  "BBBBBAAAKKKKK.....shiverley"

WS

Just wanted to quote this so it cannot be modified via edit.

• Like 1