Exhaust manifold and headers

tufd24

All,

Pulled the engine on the '47 D-24 Deluxe and the exhaust manifold is cracked pretty good.  I'm taking it to a welding shop to see what they can do, but despite the posts and others I've spoken to saying a welded manifold "can" work just fine, the "can" part is worrisome.

Called around an a refurbished manifold is expensive ~$500.

Wondering if anyone makes headers instead or has a lead on getting hands on a new or good condition manifold or a place who makes headers.

Thanks.

You have a few choices, buy another set from possibly a forum member, buy custom built headers and intake , from Manifolds by Moose (forum member), Reds Headers, and other vendors, George Asche Venus Pa, builds split exhaust and multi carb intakes from stock sets...

Welding cast iron is very doable, so long as the guy doing it knows what he is doing.....lol........this shows a pair of stock Plymouth exhaust manifolds that I cut the front of one and the rear of another and had a local blacksmith(I'm in country NSW, Australia so blacksmiths are around still) weld the ends up........did a great job.......the other reason I had this done is that here in Oz the RHD steering box lives between the fuel and oil pumps and the clutch & brake pedals follow thru into where headers may have lived.......andyd

post-612-0-20225500-1405157747_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-88110000-1405157770_thumb.jpg