A Quick Question

Chester Brzostowski

Hi all,

I have a quick question concerning the last two moldings to go back on my 48 P15.  I am installing the rocker trim and since it was never on the car when I got it I want to make sure before I snap it down that the orientation is correct.  Below are two pictures:

In the first picture is it correct for the molding to go just after the stainless fender trim or does it go around it.  see below:

RockerMolding01.jpg

In this second picture does this look correct and is the orientation correct.  I think so but last time I installed all the trim upside down and had to remove it all and redo it.  Big pain.

RockerMolding02.jpg

Thanks for the help, these two pieces should complete my 10 year project.

Thanks Chet,  Northern Virginia

I am kind of surprised that I haven't received a response on this. The end of the trim by the rear wheel is slightly raised up and although in pictures I have looked at it appears that the molding starts at the wheel well seam. If this is the case why the slight lift at the end of the rocker trim ? Is it there to go on top of the wheel well stainless ? This is what I suspect anyway. My car is a 4 door sedan special deluxe.

Ths Chet...

Congrats Chet.  Happy retirement. the trim looks ok the smaller radius goes up top.  there should be s slight over hang of the trim down past the sheet metal of the rocker. The clips ar shaped like An "H" with the longer legs to the bottom.

• Like 1

Thanks all, what I have done to the old car this last week would have taken three months of weekends. And still had time to drive up to NYC for my brother-in-law's 60th birthday party. Heading back to Delaware today.

Don we are still in VA since Melissa wants to continue working until March of next year. OK by me gives me more time for my cars and gives me plenty of time to fix up around the house before I put it on the market and head to Delaware full time.

Chet...

We are making plans for next year's NE road trip, hope to see you there, likely in the Hudson Valley, probably 2nd week of July again. Joe and Rodney are you listening????

Great, Let me know. Anything planned for the fall ?

Edited by Chester Brzostowski

Not yet whadya wanna do?

I'm not sure. I would like to see Bob again but I don't know if I want to drive all the way up to Roscoe. We'll have to give that some thought. I definitely don't want to come up the turnpike, that road is crazy with the construction and traffic. NYC was nuts even with the suburban this past weekend. The road construction and traffic was everywhere you turned. Anyway I should have the time so I don't have to worry about doing it in one weekend.

Chet...