Special Tail-Gate BBQ for a forum member......

I know of a couple young guys on this forum who are gettin hitched to their girlfriends soon.

I can't mention their names cuz I haven't been given the go ahead...yet.

One those guys is a regular attendee of the Tailgate BBQ I put on every year. He lives in the Bay Area, 

which is about 2 hours from where I live. Well, his girlfriend's family lives in the town next to me, only 5 mins away.

So guess who is gettin married only 4 miles from my house??!!!!  Yah.....that guy!!!

So I wanna use the up coming, life changing events in their lives.....to get a few trucks together and cheer "Good Luck!!"

The other guy is on the other side of the country, but has our well wishes too.....and if he wants to fly in? Sooo be it!

The plan so far is September 20th....early evening and into the night. (date could change of course)

Everyone is invited...bring your food and drink! 

48D

Great motivation to get my truck road ready. Keep us informed, I can bring my truck, can't I? Would return via Yosemite Nat'l Park, would be beautiful in Sept even with dry water falls.

• Like 1

pflaming, on 03 Jul 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

Great motivation to get my truck road ready. Keep us informed, I can bring my truck, can't I? Would return via Yosemite Nat'l Park, would be beautiful in Sept even with dry water falls.

absence of water you will now see it as the original rock formation it is..people at Niagara have never witnessed anything such as this...

absence of water you will now see it as the original rock formation it is..people at Niagara have never witnessed anything such as this...

Not true, in 1969 they closed the valve and shut Niagara falls off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338793/Niagara-Falls-ran-dry-Photos-moment-iconic-waterfall-came-standstilll.html

post-16-0-45035400-1404397810_thumb.jpg

Does that mean I'll have to mow and weed whack again? Lol.... This really will be cool, and I think the date will work out just fine. Thanks Tim for the kind gesture! Can't wait!!!

- "That Guy"

• Like 1

yes..a large ice jam slowed the falls to a trickle in 1848 but I have to question the very photo in color and the big yellow backhoe as suggestive to that event.... this pic you show is America Falls..not Niagara

Did you follow the link I posted just above the photo?

Does that mean I'll have to mow and weed whack again? Lol.... This really will be cool, and I think the date will work out just fine. Thanks Tim for the kind gesture! Can't wait!!!

- "That Guy"

Congrats that guy! Wish we could make it, September is booked .

Hope to meet you guys at the next BBQ. Wish you guys the best. Brent

• Like 1

I guessed JohnT and I also know who the other person is but just like Merle I'll keep it quiet for now too.

Hope yur wives turn out to be as cool as my Blanca...I highly recommend that you ask them for help with an oil change and a grease job  before you get into anything too deep. Right from the get go let them know your first love is your truck. If they are o.k. with that then I say go for it !

Congratulations to both you guys, 

recommended reading: (take this seriously) 

2014-07-04_0623_zps2260d9ae.png

Hank :P  

• Like 2

Ok.....Forum member number one is John-T-53

Any guesses on who the second guy is???

48D

"Young guy, other side of the country???"

Give us a hint... Does he have a blue truck without a bed?

• Like 1

"Young guy, other side of the country???"

Give us a hint... Does he have a blue truck without a bed?

Yup, he has a blue truck without a bed. 

I will have to look into the date and price out the trip. I don't have any vacation days at work so I would have to leave Friday to fly out and return for work on Monday. It would be tight, but I am going to look into it! Thanks Tim!!!! I'll let you know what I find out. 

• Like 2

double congrats! hope I didn't spoil the guessing it was truly a shot in the dark (I don't know too many members)

let me take another guess at where you both are "registered"

Joe

1. Roberts Motor Parts?

2. "VPW" aka vintage power wagons (not very pricey weddings :lol: ) 

John

1. Rock Auto

2. or a local farm store (just because of the hat on you profile :lol: )

very cool guys, take wedding photo's with the trucks and post......

Brent

• Like 2

Wow, thanks for all the well wishes and words of encouragement!

When I picked up my gal on our first date in my truck, she drooled and said "I wanna drive it!!" I knew right then....

• Like 3

double congrats! hope I didn't spoil the guessing it was truly a shot in the dark (I don't know too many members)

let me take another guess at where you both are "registered"

Joe

1. Roberts Motor Parts?

2. "VPW" aka vintage power wagons (not very pricey weddings :lol: ) 

John

1. Rock Auto

2. or a local farm store (just because of the hat on you profile :lol: )

very cool guys, take wedding photo's with the trucks and post......

Brent

Haha, good call!

http://www.leesfeed.net/

Yup, he has a blue truck without a bed. 

I will have to look into the date and price out the trip. I don't have any vacation days at work so I would have to leave Friday to fly out and return for work on Monday. It would be tight, but I am going to look into it! Thanks Tim!!!! I'll let you know what I find out. 

If you can get away Joe, you have a place to stay, I'll donate to the ticket price, and I'll even pick you up at the airport (SMF) !!!!!! 

And I promise we won't prank you guys....like sending John back to Ohio and Joe to San Roman....cuz, that ...would...be....Genius!

Ok....can't promise anything.......we drive old trucks.  lol  :lol:

48D