52 wayfarer

58prostreet

Thank you Mr. Bill. The grill is cut down VW bumper guards. Got the idea from a guy on the HAMB. Paul, the paint follows the natural belt line of the car. The blue is "Haze Blue", which is a 1950 Chrysler color. 

I,ve had the car since 2007. I wrecked it in 'o8 and took about  year to get back together. It has bone stock motor with dual carbs and split exhaust, hei ignition all from Langdon. Has a T5 w/c Mustang trans, also from Langdon. '99 Explorer rear end with 4.10 gear, which is too low. Will probably change to 3.73 or 3.50.  

Bob

• Like 1

Something like these? http://www.airheadparts.com/vintage-vw-parts/overrider-guard/overrider-guard-chrome-small-style-113707155-a

Its a good looking grill. Looks similar to a desoto grill without spending the $$$$.

Paul, I used scotch brite and 1000 grit to clean up bumpers. They are not perfect. I plan to shave them this winter, but want to find another front bumper without the license plate cut out. 

The bumper guards came from jbugs. They were $16.95 a pair when I got them, but I think they are $18.95 now. I used 6 pair and have 1 single extra. I cut them down with cut off wheel and made L brackets to mount to splash pan. Less thna $100 plus a little labor.

Bob

Nice grille and very nice ride! Where did you get the airbag suspension? I assume you converted to 12V as well?

I agree that the stock wayfarer grille needs improvement :)

med_gallery_6743_233_220913.jpg

Edited by FULMNTE

The air bag suspension is from Slam It. A friend who does mostly mini trucks did it for me. No C notch, just smal adjustment to trans tunnel which is hidden under seat. Yes, it is converted to 12V.

Your grille looks really good. Appears to be floating. Nice work.

Bob

• 1 year later...

Earl, the skirts came from Agape Auto Parts in Evansville Indiana. Phone is 812 423 7332. They are steel. I had to do a little adjusting to get them to fit properly, but it was no big deal.

I believe I paid $225 about 4 or 5 years age. I can't take pictures right now because car is not at the house. When it gets back I will take some pictures of attachment.

Bob

Earl, the skirts came from Agape Auto Parts in Evansville Indiana. Phone is 812 423 7332. They are steel. I had to do a little adjusting to get them to fit properly, but it was no big deal.

I believe I paid $225 about 4 or 5 years age. I can't take pictures right now because car is not at the house. When it gets back I will take some pictures of attachment.

Bob

Cool, thanks! I thought they looked like Agape skirts. I like the lines the Agrape Dodge skirts have.

Thanks,

Earl

Edited by mopar_earl