Hauling loads

Todd B

I took today off to get some vintage playground equipment I have been restoring installed on my land before the Luau. I needed several bags of Quikcrete (2300#) and my crews had all of my work trucks on site.  The only vehichle I had left was my Harley and my semi.  So I took my Semi to Fleet Farm and loaded the concrete in the back of my Trailmobile trailer.  I told the kid on the forklift if he scratches my paint I will cut his nuts off.  He quickly replied he wanted to keep them and handled it perfectly.  This is the only thing other than cleaning supplies and beer since I restored in 2001.

post-204-0-72431600-1403575131_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I'm really enjoying using my truck for what it was made to do. I'll have to take a picture of my pegboard Bed Floor Protectors. The holes in the pegboard act as drilled rotors and I can drive all over town without things sliding all over the place. That and a new Movers Blanket works great for flip-top contaners and lumber. I do want to design/fabricate some removeable inner sidewall truck bed wall liners.

Hank :)  

Edited by HanksB3B

Good job Todd. I'm sure that kid was pretty nervous loading up that skid. :P

Mark,

It's not considered hauling stuff until it squats the springs.

F0CDCF26-A601-4A10-8496-D7308541D609_zps

its hard to tell be cause the scale is so off, but that cooler is HUGE in the 9' bed!

• Like 1

"The only vehichle I had left was my Harley and my Semi.  So I took the Harley...."

lol...Really thought this was the direction the story was going. :D

Nice work Todd.

48D

"The only vehichle I had left was my Harley and my Semi.  So I took the Harley...."

lol...Really thought this was the direction the story was going. :D

Nice work Todd.

48D

Wait...I'm confused, he took the semi not the Harley..Tim can't you come up with something better like a bed full of hay or steer manure and put all us City Pilothouse Slickers to shame. I expect more from you Tim. 

Hank  :D

Edited by HanksB3B
  • Like 1

I've got a picture of mine hauling an outhouse that I bought.  I'll scan it and post it.   Does that qualify?

• 2 weeks later...

springs squatted

Aww, C'mon, you only have about 20 'sticks' in there.   Might have been able to carry more.

You are brave out on the ice with your truck..

How much maple syrup do you make (approximately) per season..?   My mom just stopped making it 2012 season.  From the tubes and 55 gallon container, I'm going to guess you make more than the 12 or so gallons my mom made.

• 2 weeks later...

well since my 2 door garage door decided to have the springs break last night...I had to drive FEF to work and haul some wood for a project....I can now say I've hauled wood!  

2014-07-24064402_zps9cea3758.jpg

• Like 1

Mark, you need to just get it over with and put a scratch in that pretty floor.  Then you can use the truck what it was built for.  I am sure your Grandpa would be smiling if you loaded it down with a nice big load. 

Aww, C'mon, you only have about 20 'sticks' in there. Might have been able to carry more.

You are brave out on the ice with your truck..

How much maple syrup do you make (approximately) per season..? My mom just stopped making it 2012 season. From the tubes and 55 gallon container, I'm going to guess you make more than the 12 or so gallons my mom made.

probably could have fit a few more sticks on, but it was pushing 4 tons.

the ice was over 20" thick, so not too brave. and it's only about 3 feet of water. so, if it went through, it wouldn't have been catastrophic.

average syrup production since 1980: 17 gallons. best year: 1993 (30 gallons).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Probably a little bit off topic but well worth the laugh... surely people can't be that dumb!

The attached picture came to me via email with a caption 'would you tell him or just watch - one of those truly difficult decisions'...

post-3915-0-88656500-1408101127_thumb.jpg

Edited by Desotodav
  • Like 2