1950 Suburban 5.7 Hemi project

Don Colliau

Go to '50 Plymouth suburbans click on images, lots of ideas. I like soft yellow (sand) bottom with soft white top, and a slight rake. What ever, looken good.

Edited by pflaming

The descision has been made! I am going with the gray and there is a very good possibility of having vinyl graphics made for the HEMI. I have been tossing this color thing around for too long. Gray or silver were considered along with a few others. I bought a quart of Gaynor Gray base paint and a quart of satin clear for the engine compartment today. So away we go.................................................

• 2 weeks later...

B5 BLUE GETS MY  VOTE OVER THE  GRAY  why did you have to do that.,,,lol

Yeah, the risk of Computer Convenience.  Why'd you do that?  I like the blue tue and, w/o graphics.  

My advice is, "don't share any more options"  unless you want more input to make your choice more difficult.  If you already own the gray paint, go with it and save the money,..........unless you have something else that needs the gray.  :huh: 

Edited by mrwrstory

Settle down boys! No fighting!  I hope not to copy anybody. I have the firewall painted and the engine back in. Working on hooking the exhaust to the headers and trying to pick out the mufflers. I had to take a week off to go to Alanta Ga.  My daughter and son in law were coming back from Florida and had a freek accident where she was hit by a car. She lost 90 percent of the muscle in the underside of her forearm. She was lucky to even keep the forearm.  Many surgeries to come. Now I am trying to get caught up on customer cars and gett something done on the wagon. Its Easter Sunday and I am doing a trans swap. I wil get some pictures up later. And thanks to

LODI3QTR for the photoshopwork. Edited by Don Colliau

Ed, my hair is not as gray as it is white I think......Don...ED has seen the colors I have applied to a number of my body panels on my business coupe..it is a two tone gray....I was just being funny in my statement...he was poking fun at my age...all in fun..

I knew that LOL

hope your daughter is ok

Sshe was in for sosme more surgery yesterday. They are still worried abut infection in the bone. She has a tendon sticking out. I have to talk to her to get more information. This will be a long recovery process.

When I put my suburban tail gate back on, I got some sheet teflon and cut it out just a hair smaller than the hinges. Kinda like a gasket but very thin.So when I attached the top and bottom hinge, I didn't have the hinges crack the paint when you tighten them......just a helpful hint