1950 Suburban 5.7 Hemi project

Don Colliau

You forgot the windshield.  

(Years ago, I helped finish a bathroom in my daughter's house.  My son-in-law and I plumbed in the tub and installed the toilet.  My two-year-old granddaughter saw what we were doing, and stated:  "You forgot the sink."  Later, when I installed the vanity, she helped.  She carried a drawer.)

Great looking car.  I know it'll get its windshield. 

10 hours ago, DonaldSmith said:

You forgot the windshield.  

(Years ago, I helped finish a bathroom in my daughter's house.  My son-in-law and I plumbed in the tub and installed the toilet.  My two-year-old granddaughter saw what we were doing, and stated:  "You forgot the sink."  Later, when I installed the vanity, she helped.  She carried a drawer.)

Great looking car.  I know it'll get its windshield. 

;)

• 3 weeks later...

Now it's time to start cruising and repair the "bugs" as they surface.  I have only had one build that was perfect from day one.  It was a 1969 Super Bee 383 4 speed car.  It was completely flawless!  No leaks, no rattles, the car was kissed by an Angel, I swear to it!  LOL

• 3 weeks later...

So I got the wagon out in the sun yesterday.  Sanded the window trim to get off to paint. Centered the steering so I know how much to move the shaft so the column is centered. I think all the wiring is in order too. Just a little tidying up.

IMG_1166%20-%20Copy_zpsax59s2py.jpg

IMG_1167%20-%20Copy_zpssqwojx2e.jpg

IMG_1168%20-%20Copy_zpsbnmfpbne.jpg

IMG_1162%20-%20Copy_zpsd4scrvc7.jpg

• Like 1

Not much to show for yesterdays work. Thanks for all the compliments! I clocked the steering column and wheel so everything lines up when going straight down the driveway. I am still waiting for the window trim from the painter so I can keep the glass from falling out. Then I'll blast it down the road and see what falls off.  I also swapped out one of the power window units. It is cable driven and stripped out within minutes of putting it in. No warranty because it is two years old now. The gas pedal was too far below the brake so I built a riser block for it so the transition is is better. Just trying to get the little stuff done before the upholster begins his work. Repainted the license plate and mounted it on the bracket. We are now legal.